“Old Loud and typical American”

Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty)
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mount Kisco
Erding, Germany
“Old Loud and typical American”
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel has poor Rooms and Windowless breakfast room.
The AC is in Winter Saison so
Loud no possibilty to Switch out
And if you Switch out all 5 Minuten come a 10 Second Loud Test ?! This
Area is 50km far away from NY.
The service People Are friendly and Always . Price is for such Quality to high and also to high in The near Zone to New York. A mall and Restaurants are 1 mile away.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Melody L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty), responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Hello Dartscht,

I am glad that you found our staff to be helpful and friendly! I am happy to report that, as part of our upcoming renovation, we will be getting all new HVAC units in our rooms. That will surely rectify the noise issue you refer to. Thank you for taking the time to review us. It is my hope that, the next time you are in NY, you will stop in and see the changes the renovation brings.

Take care,
Melody Lloyd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Mount Kisco, New York
Reviewed 29 October 2013

No one knows anything at this hotel ... No one takes any pride in there work ... I had an engagement party booked months prior that I had to cancel 5 days before because the room block I was suppose to have for my guests was opened to the public ... Apparently canceling my party was the only option. This holiday inn should really send there employees including the manager Melanie for training on how to compensate people for errors made by staff ... And how to talk to people to keep business. This whole hotel is a disgrace because of it's staff ... They are rude and imcompedent!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank DN1087
Melody L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty), responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Hi Danielle,

Please know that I do value your comments in regard to your experience at our hotel. It is disappointing that we could not confirm the late reservations attempted by your group, due to the hotel being sold out. I do apologize if our group booking policy was misunderstood. In order to accommodate the situation, I did offer to transport any additional guests to and from a nearby hotel, at no additional cost - to lessen any inconvenience. Of course, we would have welcomed to host your party here, as planned. In our conversation after the event, you expressed that all of your guests had an enjoyable time, which I was happy to hear.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to work together in the future.

All My Best,
Melody Lloyd

Travellers are raving about these Mount Kisco hotels

Atlanta
Reviewed 10 October 2013

This hotel is so humid that there is some special smell. Moreover, the microwave is not standard facility in all rooms and the washing machine is not clean. The positive positive parts are as follows: quiet, friendly staff, free coffee in the morning

Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank HuijunAtlanta
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty), responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear HuijunAtlanta,

Ben J
NEW JERSEY
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I was staying at this hotel overnight due to a wedding that I attended. At first glance , the hotel seemed adequate. I was assigned a room too close to the lobby and as a result heard lots of noise in the corridor. I thought that all Holiday Inns provide at least a continental breakfast and some even include a hot breakfast. Sorry to say this one only offered coffee in the lobby. I regret that I did not stay at a Comfort Inn nearby which offered more amenities and charged less. This property needs an overhaul and needs to offer at the very least a Continental breakfast for what it charges. No I will not be coming back and it has turned me off to Holiday Inn in general.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor and away from the lobby.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty), responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear ADVENTURERNEWJERSEY,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry about the noise during your stay and for the lack of free continental breakfast. We regret to inform you that the complimentary continental breakfast is only offered by our sister hotel, Holiday inn Express and Suites. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Sparta, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My first impression of this hotel was very favorable. The lobby is spacious and well appointed. The folks working the front desk were very friendly but did not recognize me as a platinum elite member. I was not offered any perks usually given to the most frequent of Holiday Inn travelers. There was no discount coupon for breakfast or dinner in the restaurant, no free drink coupon, no free bottle of water and no other snack was offered. I'm not sure if this is hotel policy; but if it is their policy that really should change if they want frequent travelers as their repeat customers. Before going to my room I asked at the front desk if I should stay parked in front of the hotel or if it would be easier to move my car to the back of the hotel. I was told my room was half way down a very long hallway so I could stay where I was parked. What they did not tell me was there was another entrance halfway down that hallway very close to where my room was. I certainly would have moved my car to that spot if the front desk told me about that entrance. The room was nice and spacious. I liked the desk area as it offered plenty of room. The mattress was very comfortable but I did not like the pillows as they were too thick and firm to meet my needs. The bedroom and bathroom areas were both very clean but inside my bathtub was a fairly large spider. It was quickly removed and there were no other unwanted creatures crawling around the room; as least none that I saw. I know these things can happen but someone else could have been totally freaked out by seeing that spider in the tub. My check out process was very easy and there was complimentary coffee service set up in the lobby in the morning. I think this property has the potential to be better, but for now it is quite average.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear AtomicReviewer,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Platinum member and for leaving us a feedback. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your room and the majority of features provided. I apologize for the services that you have received which is not up to your par. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We were in town for a special event and stayed at this property for one night. It is clearly an older Holiday Inn that is beginning to show its age. On the positive side rooms are large by modern hotel standards, well appointed, comfortable beds etc. Long cinder bloc corridors however, quickly take you back to the 1960's. The location is excellent with few other choices in the area. The staff was generally helpful. Hopefully this Inn will soon be replaced my a more contemporary facility.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty), responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear AJandCV,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. i am glad you mentioned our friendly staff as well as our convenient location. However, I am sorry you found some aspects of our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Jaime W
Westchester, New York, United States
Reviewed 27 September 2013

If you are looking for a short stay for business travel, I would suggest the Holiday Inn.
The rooms are clean and Average.
The food is good, nice Bar, and plenty of parking.
There are no special attractions in Mount kisco,
Can take a taxi if you need to venture out.
I would rent a car.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Thank Princess Valeri... M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty), responded to this review, 13 October 2013
Dear VanessaPapageorgio,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. It is pleasing to know that you found our room accommodations to be sufficient for your needs and the food served met your liking.

I hope you see us soon if your travels bring you back to the area!

Regards,

Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh
Doral Arrowwood
Doral Arrowwood
#2 of 2 in Rye Brook

Been to Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty)? Share your experiences!