and 1 more site!
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mount Morris
Stoney Creek, Canada
“Thank You”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

My husband recently stayed here for 3 nights while on ahiking trip to Letchworth Park. The hotel is beautiful, clean and convenient. The staff is wonderful, polite and friendsly. The breakfast was better than average, with a varietly if choices. When I left the hotel, I realized that I had lost a favoirite gold earring..one I had worn almost everyday for 30 yrars. I called the htoel desk...and sure enough, the housekeeper had found it and turned it in. The staff kindly mailed the earring home to me in Ontario, Canada. My compliments ro the staff and to Country Inns.
I would happily stay there again!

Room Tip: We stayed on the gound floor, close to an entrance, easy for loading and unloading the car.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed here during a visit to Letchworth State Park, when I was looking for hotels there weren’t many to choose from but after staying here I realize that variety was far less important than quality. The hotel is ideally situated to the park, literally less than a mile away. The hotel looks fine from the exterior but its what’s inside that counts.

The lobby was bright and welcoming, had a lodge like feeling to it with a gas fireplace, chairs and lending library. Stairs lead to the second floor and only add to a more homey feel than is typical at most hotels. There is a breakfast area to the left of the lobby and in the morning features a very good breakfast. Yes, the omnipresent waffle maker but also scrambled eggs, sausage, juices and more. Really, this was a great breakfast. If you’re hungry at other times of the day there is a coffee/tea service in the lobby along with cookies that are made on site.

There is a pool and hot tub, both indoors and while on the smaller size, both were clean and well maintained, I certainly appreciated them after a day of hiking. If you want to skip the hiking in the state park, there is some fitness equipment in a fitness room next to the pool area.
As for my room, it was very clean, comfortable and welcoming. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the overall feel of the room stayed with the lodge like theme. My only thought was that it would have been nice if the heavy curtains could have been closed, the windows do have slightly opaque sheers so you have privacy but if you like a very dark room for sleeping you might wish to be able to draw the heavier curtains closed. I found the hotel to be very quiet, clean, well maintained and very comfortable.

Will I stay there again? If I’m in the area, you bet. I’ll also keep an eye out for this chain in other areas I visit. Overall a very pleasant experience in a very quiet town.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank pablo_a2
South Haven, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

This our first time using Country Inn & Suites. This particular one was very nice. We were welcomed and when we asked about a place to get a good cheeseburger, they knew. Our room was spacious and comfortable. The refrigerator was not working but the desk person found another in a timely manner and replaced it. The hotel is on the main road through town with quite a bit of truck traffic. It did not keep us awake but you did hear some of them passing by. Fitness room was sparse but clean. Has a pool and hot tub but we did not take the time to check them out. Good breakfast selections, free USA Today available.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Hamilton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

Our stay was okay but not the best. This hotel is more of a trucker's hotel who need to spend the night. The hotel tries to create a county atmosphere but they kinda fail. They have a stand with drawers that has cookies in it in the lobby but a lot of the time there are not even any in it. The bedding had not been washed so it was a bit gross. The complimentary breakfast was fine but the pool and hot tub were dirty. The price was not too bad.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Arlington, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed here because of the proximity to Letchworth State Park, where a family member was getting married. Although it is at the far end of the park from the waterfalls and most of the attractions of the park, we would still choose to stay here. The "living room" of the suite was furnished with a comfortable sofa and reading chair. There were plenty of lights, the TV was good and the small table was just right. The king size bed was also comfortable. Plus, it was quiet, despite the number of guests there. The breakfast was very good and special kudos go to Sandra (I think that was her name) who staffed the breakfast room. Besides keeping dishes picked up and food stocked, she discovered my daughter's left-behind retainer and made sure to find her and return it. Thank you Sandra.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Clarkston, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights using our points. Great mini suite with a sitting room and bedroom. Room was clean and the bathroom was in perfect order. The complimentary breakfast is by far the best around. The hotel staff was ok, when I asked about local places to eat I was told to go next door. Ehhh I wanted more options than that. Since we were still showering, we missed the service for the day. As we left for the day, I told the front desk we would like our room cleaned as we were still in the room. She assured me the cleaning staff would go back. Well, lets just say I had to get towels when we returned. But overall great stay! We will be back

• Stayed September 2013
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

We decided to stay here last minute after hiking in Letchworth State Park.
The website listed a 2 bedroom suite with breakfast for $150.00. Not to bad..
I called instead to check for availability and a super nice guy (can't remember name) was very helpful and offered a rate of $135.00 with breakfast! He took the time to ask our kids ages and suggested a suite to us. The choices were same price so he wanted us to be comfy!
Super clean and the indoor pool and spa very nice.
Breakfast was great and we were glad we called!

• Stayed September 2013
#1 of 3 in Mount Morris
Oak Valley Inn
Oak Valley Inn
#1 of 6 in Geneseo

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mount Morris? Share your experiences!