“So disappointed!!”

Catamount Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Shokan, New York, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So disappointed!!”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

My brother was married at the Catamount a few years back. My niece comes to visit once a year and wants to visit "where mommy & daddy got married." The wedding was superb but under older management. Last night's dinner with my niece was borderline embarrassing. Service was horrible. Cannot be the fault of the servers.....

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Laurie S

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“LOVELY SPOT”
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

This is a great place to enjoy a restful lunch. It is very reasonably priced. There are tables outside with flowers and birds. There is plenty of shade and the Esopus Creek runs close enough to hear and see the water. ENJOY!

• Visited August 2012
Shokan, New York
“good food pricey”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We wanted something different and this restaurant was definitely something different! The nice part about it is the esopus creek runs behind the restaurant and when you sit out on the deck you can hear it. I really didn't care for the prices of our food and drinks they are a little high especially being out of the way and not by anything for attractions. I would have rather gotten a hotdog from the vendor in the rest area!

• Visited July 2013
Sleepy Hollow, New York
“Yum!”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Great food and a good staff! Rustic and cozy , we loved our waiter and the food was plentiful and delicious!

Visited June 2013
York Beach, Maine
“Nice Ambiance!”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I travel constantly and I truly appreciated the ambiance of this restaurant which is a part of the Emerson Resort. The beauty of this restaurant is that it is on the "Esopus" with both inside and deck dining. What a lovely place which is so far removed from cities. I loved that the waiter brought our drinks on a tray! Yeah! Yeah! Our entrees were exquisitely prepared. My choice was the salmon and my companion chose the special seafood entree. Both were great selections as was this lovely rural location. It is so nice to know that places like this still exist in the craziness of our urban lives. Thank you!

• Visited June 2013