“Good food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Onsite at the Inn, so its super convenient. The food was fresh and tasty. The view out the rear of the restaurant overlooks the Esopus creek. Very pretty this time of year!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Blueberry pancakes were fresh, light and fluffy! Coffee and Cheese Omelet were great as well. Sat outside on the deck with a beautiful view over the creek.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

The Catamount Café is a modern, but rustic restaurant located in Mount Tremper in the Catskill mountains. It is nicely situated next to a brook and you have a view of the mountains from the dining room. There is also an outside eating area for warmer weather. We had fried calamari, I had garlic shrimp and my friend had a steak, everything was fine and the prices were reasonable. Service was polite and attentive. I liked the décor of the place and the fact that tables were spaced apart which gave you a lot of privacy. There are few decent restaurants in the area, this is a decent one, that can be recommended.

2  Thank DieterK3
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My husband and I went out to dinner here, and we were very pleased. The waitress was very friendly and helpful. We went on "Burger Night", and when my husband asked if they offered a portabella mushroom burger (not on the menu), she said she'd see what the chef had on hand. We both enjoyed our meals - I had a tasty Caesar Salad with Chicken, and he had a gorgeous portabella burger. I would have liked a bit more wine in the $7 glass, but all in all, it was a really pleasant experience.

Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I chose to take advantage of a BOGO entree special. The special was from an ad to thank local people for their support. The jeans-clad hostess remained seated at the bar as she pointed to a waitress and said "she'll seat you." Our eventual waiter was having a sucko day because his father had just been diagnosed with cancer. So our waiter was very distracted throughout our meal. His coworkers did nothing to assist even though the place wasn't busy. The meal itself was good. My husband had the BBQ sampler, ribs, shrimp, beef. I had the braised beef shepherds pie. Quite good. Postmeal, we waited over 10 minutes for our leftovers to be packed and for the tab. Once we got home, my husband repacked the leftovers. We only got a few bits of each compared to what we asked to have packed. Long story short- great food. Terrible service. A hostess should be a team leader. Staff will follow her lead.

2  Thank ClermontFilly