“Romantic getaway!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mount Tremper
Emerson Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mount Tremper
Mt. Arlington, NJ
“Romantic getaway!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

My boyfriend and I found this resort via an online coupon. After reading lots of reviews, we decided to book a two night getaway. We were so pleased when we arrived at the resort. It was everything we'd imagined it would be. Our room (the regal suite on the ground floor) was so spacious and elegant. There was a very large bathroom, complete with a huge shower and separate Jacuzzi tub. The king size bed was comfortable, although we both prefer a bit firmer mattress. There was a private outside deck, with two chairs and a table. It was the perfect spot to enjoy a glass of wine and private conversation. The staff at the resort were all pleasant and professional. The spa services (I enjoyed two of them) were fantastic. We did not eat at either of the two restaurants, so I cannot comment on them. There were several upscale shops onsite which looked like they had everything one might need, if they could afford it! Free first cup Starbucks coffee was available at the furthest shop within the resort, at the Country Store. There are only a few things keeping me from giving this resort a five star review. One, was the bed,as previously mentioned. Two, it would have been nice if they offered a free continental breakfast with coffee and danish. And three, which is beyond their control, there wasn't much to do in the area. One day we went to Woodstock, but that only took up about half the day. The day we checked out we went to Rhinebeck, which is also quaint but not very time consuming. But overall, for a romantic time for couples, or for a girls' spa getaway, this place was really quite lovely.

Room Tip: Call ahead like we did for more details about your room amenities. Ours had a Keurig coffee pot, mi...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Susan T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had an opportunity to stay at the Emerson Resort and Spa for one evening this spring. The Inn (as opposed to the Lodge which is very rustic, log cabin style accommodations) was lovely and the rooms were spacious and beautifully decorated in an Asian/ Indian motif. The staff were certainly pleasant and helpful, but there was no bell service to help with luggage at check in. Also, there is absolutely no cell service at the resort and while wi-fi is available for no additional fee, service was sporadic or non existent.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank allyhirschlag
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

My husband booked us there for a short stay in the wood to getaway from NYC. It was such a pleasant surprise. The hotel is so modern and clean, with professional on the dot staff greet you nicely, while the resort maintain to have a historical taste.

We checked out all the stores and they were full of fun and surprises - yours to check out :) We spent a good few hours just roaming around the stores and discover fun things within.

The room is a suite which has a balcony, and it was a very sweet feature to enjoy some fresh air during a quiet afternoon, and we got to hear the sound of nature. I miss being in the wood.

The hotel has a touch of indian flavor which is very special. It is a place that we will definitely come back.

We got lunch and breakfast at the hotel and sat outside to enjoy the view and just looking at the tree, all these little things really add up.

I love this place and so glad that we found this gem so close to NYC!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Luxship
Highland, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

My son was married at the Emerson this past Memorial Day weekend. Marci and staff were AMAZING. Such attention to detail.... The setting was beautiful, the food was wonderful and the the service was gracious and attentive. Such a great weekend from Friday night rehearsal dinner to Sunday brunch.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Helen G
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

We were only here for one night & we loved it! The resort was beautiful, our room was spacious (in The Lodge) and immaculately clean. We loved that our room had a sitting area and an outside completely private porch. Our breakfast was unbelievably good. We didn't have time to use the spa, as we attended a wedding. We wish it wasn't so far from home, but someday we hope to return for a longer stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in "The Lodge".
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MomtoLH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I decided that we were both in need of a little break from life. We began looking for hotels with spa's about a month ago. When we first looked at the Emerson online we thought it was perfect, it was just far enough away for us to go away for a night. A little out of our budget but we would find a way.

I started doing my homework, looking up rates and reading reviews, and there were several reviews that kind of made me think that maybe we should steer clear... After talking it over with my other half we decided that we would take the chance.

We booked a 50 minute couples massage for Saturday at 1 PM, thinking that we would have to kill time in the shops after the massage before the 3 PM check in. We arrived early and much to my surprise we were able to check in to our room before our relaxing massage. I was instantly relieved that the staff was so prepared and polite contrary to the online reviews I read days before. The room was gorgeous and I personally found the lack of cell phone service to be a plus (it's much easier to relax with out annoying e mails and texts coming through). Cute little cookies and trail mix were in the room too. The bathroom was spacious and clean with plenty of big towels that are actually big enough for an adult to use.

Our experience at the spa, though short but only because of funds, was extremely relaxing. All the spa's staff members were very helpful.

Our late Lunch at the Cat was delicious and I highly recommend the homemade mac and cheese. For dinner we drove in to Phonecia to Ricciardellas (pricey but cute and delicious steak!).

When I checked out Sunday morning I was sure to let the supervisor on duty that we were extremely happy with our stay. I told him I would be sure to post my experience online. He informed me that I should mention anything to improve their service and honestly, all I can say is that it was amazing. If I had to pick something to change it would be having some little snacks available for purchase at the front desk. After about 10:30 we both wanted something to snack on and the Cat/shops are all closed. Other than that I would change nothing.

I hope to return once my wallet allows me to.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank angeala w
Utica, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed for three days during a conference. We enjoyed the staff, who were always helpful and courteous. Check-in was a bit of a long wait but mostly our fault -- couldn't find the reservation and eventually the manager gave us the conference rate. Thank you! We didn't stay at the main lodge; stayed in one of the outer buildings, built to fit the Catskills motif. Everyone at the main lodge raved about the rooms there, with jacuzzis, etc. A little more rustic / motel-like in the outer lodges but still a good value for the price. Lots of things to do in the surrounding area. My wife took advantage of the spa and she reports that it was a great experience. Good workout facilities. Food was average, service very good. Overall, enjoyed our stay and when we are in the area, certainly would not be averse to trying the Emerson again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
#1 of 6 in Windham
Diamond Mills Hotel
Diamond Mills Hotel
#1 of 6 in Saugerties

Been to Emerson Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!