“Aweful!!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mount Tremper
Emerson Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mount Tremper
Reviewed 5 March 2009

This place is aweful for the ridiculous amount of money they charge. Staff is rude and arrogant. As you can see buy all the reviews its hit or miss. Do you really think its worth risking the money if its not a sure bet. I have been a massage therapist for 20+ years and I have to say their therapist are amateur at best. My recommendation, keep looking cause this place is a waste of money!!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
5  Thank PTLMT

Reviewed 21 February 2009

The front desk staff had a strange attitude. It was a mix between a credit card customer service and an uptown Manhattan "we are too good" type of a hyped up flair. If you can overlook the fake responses thie staff then this is a great place.

The location is very nice. SPA itself is very lovely and clean.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2009

I recently returned from a girl's getaway at the Emerson Resort and Spa. Though we initially had a difficult time deciding where to go, with so many options just a short drive from Manhattan, we were very happy with our choice of the Emerson. As we wanted to get the best value for our money, we chose the "Ladies of Luxury" package and a Royal suite at the Inn. This was the perfect all inclusive package for us, and it had everything we wanted and even some things we didn't even know we wanted as far as the treatments were concerned. (I was dubious about the full body sugar scrub but was thrilled with the results!) We had some reservations before arrival that there were going to be a lot of restrictions because of our package, but the Emerson just kept saying, "Yes" to every request. Alcoholic beverages are not included in the package, but that's about it. We had our choice of the full menu at every meal, all gratuities were included, and the food was terrific, especially dinner at the Phoenix. I should mention that we went mid-week, when the Inn was at low occupancy. We received serious VIP treatment, but something tells me that all the guests receive the same regardless of when they visit. To sum it up, all of the staff we encountered were extremely hospitable and efficient, the spa treatments were divine, and the facilities and accomodations were lovely, comfortable, and well maintained. It was a fantastic experience, and I would encourage anyone thinking of going to do so.
If I had to pick one thing to complain about, I would say that the locals who have memberships to the gym and spa facilities can bring some stress in with them, and one crazy woman even walked into my shower and tried to take my robe and towel, but that in no way spoiled my overall experience. Though they should require that the members be polite to the guests.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 January 2009

We go to this area frequently to ski Belleayre which is about 20 minutes from the Emerson. There are few nice places to stay in the region so this time we decided to try the Emerson. We checked into a Jr. suite in the lodge which was perfect for our family of 4. Spacious king size bedroom upstairs wtih a large modern bathroom. Downstairs is a queen pullout couch. The only downside is that my kids had to come upstairs to use the bathroom, but this was fine for 2 nights. The cost was comparable to 2 rooms at a B&B and infinitely nicer. It is private, spacious and immaculate. Plus we had use of the spa , fitness center and a very nice breakfast was included. I had a fantastic massage.

When we first saw the room there was a very loud plumbing sound that turned out to be our neighbors jacuzzi tub. Damon at the front desk offered us a beautiful room at the Inn that was gorgeous and had 2 queen beds. It would normally have gone for $550 a night. We declined but it would have been great without kids. However, if we weren't skiing in the area, I wouldn't travel all this way to pay $550. The spa and resort is lovely, but I'm not sure its worth the money if you are there only for that reason. Prices are not quite manhattan level, but close.

The one downside to the lodge is the noise. You can hear your neighbors plumbing and their TV and kids. As it turned out, it was quiet at night so we were not disturbed, but I could see this being a problem if you had a crying baby next door.

The service was excellent and accomodating. We would definitely consider returning. The Inn is a 4 star property and the lodge is a solid 3.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank kewny
Reviewed 12 January 2009

My mother and I booked the 'Ladies of Luxury Package' directly with the Emerson Day Spa. We stayed from January 4 to January 6, 2009 at the Inn. Our stay was absolutely fantastic! Before I get into details - the room was fantastic, the staff was lovely, and the spa was wonderful. We went following the hotel's busiest time of the year (post Christmas & New Years) and I was concerned that the staff may have been too overwhelmed from the previous week when we arrived. Not so! When we arrived we were immediately directed to our room. We choose the Regal Suite with 2 Queen Beds and it was even lovelier than the pictures. It has an enormous bathroom, beautiful furnishings, a small deck with view of the nearby stream, fireplace, and flat-screen TV with DVD player. Our package included spa treatments (facial, massage, body polish, & pedicure) and 2 dinners, 1 lunch, 2 breakfasts, and 1 tea service. Every meal was fantastic. I can be quite picky, but I was very impressed with the quality of the food. I had steak both nights, while my mother had steak the first night and fish the second. If you get a chance to eat at the Phoenix restaurant you will not be disappointed! I must also again say how wonderful the staff was throughout our stay. From the waiters to the reception we only encountered extremely helpful people. Regarding the gym - I used the gym very briefly one day. It is very large and has the facilities of almost any gym. This is partly due to the fact that the resort offers a $50 membership fee to people in the community to use the resorts facilities (locker room, gym, and fitness classes). When I read this I was concerned that the gym would be continually crowded, but the resort remained quiet and relaxing throughout our stay. Lastly, I will mention the spa. The spa is very beautiful. When you enter you will see a large water sculpture and then the men's and women's locker rooms are located to the left and right side. The ladies locker room is very nice and includes a sauna and steam room. I noticed in a prior review, someone mentioned that the waiting area for the spa treatments is for both men and women. Because we stayed when there were few people at the hotel we had no issue with this, but I think I might have been uncomfortable if the spa was busier. All the spas employees are very professional and highly skilled. My mother and I enjoyed all our treatments. All in all we had a fantastic time! I look forward to staying at the Emerson in the future.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mirandafitz
Reviewed 29 December 2008

My wife and I wanted to spend a relaxing and romantic weekend at a location within a two hour drive of New York City. Among the candidates that turned up during our research was Emerson Place - a hotel/spa neither of us knew a thing about. Though the room pricing was a bit more than we intended to spend for just an overnight getaway, the photos were enticing and the spa availability seemed to a good recipe to help us put the stresses of NYC behind us for a weekend. We booked the slightly more expensive second floor room after the hostess who took our reservation advised that the first floor rooms, though lovely, were not quite as nice as those on the second floor, which had a loft bedroom, skylights and 17 foot cathedral ceilings. Well. . . the place couldn't have been a better fit for us and for our needs. The reception desk and lobby areas were warm and inviting. Every member of the staff was lovely and helpful throughout our stay. Our room was truly special - a soaring ceiling overlooking a pretty creek, wonderful bed linens (even for my wife who is obsessed with luxurious pillows and high theadcounts), beautiful bathrooms (two - one with a jaccuzzi tub), and a gas fireplace (which was more appealing than I imagined it would be). The spa staff was lovely, the spa lounge was warm and with choices of soothing teas, and our couple massage and facials (my first) was great. Completely relaxing. Dinner at the Phoenix restaurant (which is in the building) was really incredible - and we are people who know and enjoy our dining. We especially liked that the facility was beautiful and nicely appointed throughout, was casual, quiet and friendly,and wasn't so large that it lost its intimacy. We also loved that with a first rate spa and restaurant on-site, we never had to leave the facility to venture out into the cold weather. After we checked out, we took a lovely 20 minute drive and wandered through Woodstock. When we headed home, we each had smiles on our faces and felt as if we'd been away for more than just an overnight. We've definitely found a new destination for quick weekends out of Manhattan. We felt this place was truly a find and look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ansnyc
Reviewed 29 December 2008

Although I was able to stay at the Lodge for only a few days, I highly enjoyed it. The staff was very helpful and courteous(Damon, Randy, and Tom), amenities were excellent, and my time there was better than I could have imagined. The pictures and description from the website cannot compare to what one will experience.

The entire property was nice and rustic. I was in awe from the antique door in front of the spa to the cozy Bear Lodge with an awesome hot tub. The Kaleidoscope Store was a delight and Ms. Linda was gracious to personally show me around. I enjoyed using the many facilities available such as the gym, which offers classes and a personal trainer (of course for a nominal fee), the steam room, and locker rooms, all of which I found very nice and accommodating.

I couldn't wait to tell my friends and family back home how much I loved this place. I come from a fairly busy and large city, so I welcomed this drastic change in scenery. I plan on coming back soon to my "second home" with my friends. If anyone lives a busy city life and would like some R&R, I highly recommended visiting the Emerson Resort and Spa in Mt. Tremper, NY.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Tremper
#1 of 10 in Kingston
Minnewaska Lodge
Minnewaska Lodge
#1 of 1 in Gardiner

Been to Emerson Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!