“We had a lovely time - I don't where some of these other people stayed”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mount Tremper
Emerson Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mount Tremper
nj
“We had a lovely time - I don't where some of these other people stayed”
Reviewed 3 June 2009

We stayed at a Regal suite in the Inn, it was clean and nicely furnished. The employees went out of their way to make our stay nice. We booked a couple's hot stone massage and it was professional and very relaxing. Our dinner at the Phoenix was very good. All in all our stay was very nice. I will say that it is dropped in the middle of nowhere and not much to do around the resort.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
nyc
Reviewed 7 April 2009

Swanky, yes, and a little out of character for the Catskills, but if you want luxury, you get it here. I don't know what the others are talking about in terms of the staff--we thought they were incredibly attentive and kind. We stayed one night, and found it a bit overpriced, but it was lovely. The food in the Phoenix restaurant wasn't as good as I wanted--odd combinations in an attempt to master fusion nouveau cuisines, I think, and too rich--but the massages were fantastic. Views aren't so great, but it's certainly in a beautiful spot in the Catskills.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
cccc
Reviewed 6 April 2009

This is a horrible place in EVERY way! You staying at an overpriced motel. Right on busy road, dirty, horrible staff! Our toilets did not even work! The food is disgusting...DO NOT STAY HERE

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
5 Thank ccc_8
Edinburgh
Reviewed 1 April 2009

Impressed with this place. Unusually for new American hotels, this place had character and charm. The staff were attentive and the restaurant/bar areas were homely and relaxing.

The room, in the lodge, was a bargain at $99.00/night for a two Queen-bed room (just phoned and asked for the best rate!!). Clean, pleasantly decorated, with lovely views. What more could you want!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 19 March 2009

I stayed at the Emerson Resort on Feb, 14th 2009, and I must say I wasn't impressed. The moment I got in I wasn't appointed by ANY sort of porter, and the employees over at the Spa were talking about a party they went to the previous evening. As I went to my room I noticed that the hallways smelled like mold. It smelled like it hasn't been cleaned in months. It was dust central. When I got to the rooms it wasn't all that spectacular like the pictures made it. NOTHING like the pictures. It was somehow enhanced to look better. I recommend not going to this resort. They have no idea how to manage themselves. I asked for an extra pair of towels, took them about 20-30 minutes. For the price I am paying, i'd say that isn't good service. The employees must be the biggest issue of mine there. Only if they had GOOD Management there. WARN YOU ALL, don't stay here, the price is over the top for the quality you get.

I am curious who manages this resort...
Thank you for reading my review.

• Stayed February 2009
5 Thank ZooWorld
NY
Reviewed 13 March 2009

We had been to the original Emerson before it had burned down, and were disappointed in the comparative lack of friendliness and service orientation, especially in today's economy. The bed, presumably not very old, had a hump in the middle and dips where people have slept.. The room was beautifully decorated with all the amenities, except for an readily adjustable temperature. We had to open the door to the porch to get the temperature down below 75.
The restaurant was very good, but also way overpriced.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lovethelake99
Coxsackie
Reviewed 5 March 2009

This place is aweful for the ridiculous amount of money they charge. Staff is rude and arrogant. As you can see buy all the reviews its hit or miss. Do you really think its worth risking the money if its not a sure bet. I have been a massage therapist for 20+ years and I have to say their therapist are amateur at best. My recommendation, keep looking cause this place is a waste of money!!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
#1 of 1 in Gardiner
Hampton Inn Kingston
Hampton Inn Kingston
#1 of 10 in Kingston

Been to Emerson Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!