Four Corners Country Inn
The Woodstock Inn on the Millstream(Woodstock)(Great Value!)
US$186
Official Site
Hotel Dylan(Woodstock)(Great Value!)
US$237
US$219
Hotels.com
The Lodge at Woodstock(Woodstock)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$167
Cold Spring Lodge(Big Indian)
US$190
Starlite Motel(Big Indian)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$140
Hunter Inn(Hunter)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Wonderful experience very tasty food being in the restaurant business myself I expect a lot from my food and service and this place met them all. Normally I don't write a review but this needed to be said the ravioli , calamari,trout almandine were terrific and the chocolate mousse was to die for I will be going back to visit very soon.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I am sorry to say this place is a run down dump. However, it might well improve with new owners.
I would never sleep in the rooms even if they were free. I did not eat there during my recent trip but the food used to be quite good. Not sure if it is still a good place to eat.

I have heard the new managers are fixing it up so it might very well be worth a look but I would not book in advance or until you actually see the room. When I stayed there a year ago the heaters didn't even work and the bed was 20 years old. This might have changed with new owners.

I do believe in giving new owners some time to update things - Hope it works because the location is wonderful

Room Tip: See the rooms before you pay
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank David A
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Tiny rooms, a bathroom that makes a porter potty look like a spacious palace. Old linens, old mattresses - everything is old, overwhashed and has not been updated in a LONG time. They try to make it look "quaint” by adding a few old chairs, tapestries and paintings but in the end the one overwhelming feeling you get is that what you’re sitting on and sleeping on is probably older than you… (and you’re in your 40-s). Windows in our room were half broken – one wouldn’t open at all because of the deformed frame. Pillows were most uncomfortable. All in all I would never stay there again unless we were in the midst of a war or I was homeless.
The restaurant is overrated. I’m surprised NYC dwellers rate it highly – I really don’t understand why. I’ve had much better French food and served with a much more pleasant attitude. Overpriced and mediocre.
We love Woodstock and Mt. Tremper with this place being the only disappointment.

2  Thank OlgaKNj
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Yes, this place need some works but the owners, Sybile and Frank, are doing so great in updating this place!
All details, which could be quickly fixed, have been upgraded, i.e. towels, beds. It will take a little bite more time to give back to this house its original glory but Sybile and Frank as so passionated I have no doubt about their hard work paying off.

The breakfast is a nice selection of homemade or local products. All fresh and tasty.
The location is great (close to the Catskills mountains) and the food... just amazing! No need to look for another address for dinner, "La Duchesse Anne" is the best restaurant in the area :o)
I hope that we will be able to come back this fall!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Four Corners, nee' La Duchesse Anne, has passed back into the hands of its founding family this summer after several years. The food has always been the star attraction of the establishment. This is first and foremost a restaurant. The new generation of management -- Sybile and Frank-- are making smart decisions. They have an excellent and experienced chef. The high-end bistro menu is now supplemented with simpler, less-expensive fare, making the inn's excellent food accessible to a wider range of budgets than before. Our party of four ordered from every price point and found the simple pasta dish as expertly prepared as the gourmet special sweetbread entree. The bread pudding with bourbon creme anglaise is an outstanding dessert. Sunday brunch features perfectly delicious crepes, which make a leisurely pairing with the Sunday NY Times crossword, available in nearby Phoenicia. The wine list is simple at this stage of the inn's renewal. It will not impress experienced wine drinkers, but is very reasonably priced and presents an intelligent range of choices.

When you read reviews of the rooms you will find opposing opinions. Our family are among those who find the inn utterly charming. This is a 19th century country inn and shows some scars. If you expect an elegantly restored Victorian showplace, you will be disappointed - but not shortchanged. The rooms at Four Corners are reasonably priced. They are clean and comfortable. The bathroom fixtures aren't stylish but, after a long day of hiking in the Catskills, the hot water doesn't run out in the middle of a long shower - which I can't say about some upscale hotels I've stayed at.

Sybile and Frank made us feel completely at home and welcomed. They solicited and appreciated our feedback. They could not have been more friendly. We are checking our calendar for opportunities for return visits in the coming months.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends