“Mmm india !”

Good for: Child-friendly
Nanuet, New York
“Mmm india !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Amazing place . Although quite expensive , we got a groupon a little while back . Compared to everywhere else in town that serves authentic indian cuisine, this place tops them all amazing flavorous dishes ! Love this place

• Visited April 2014
5 Thank Briannadom18

“Good deal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Since I never had Indian food anywhere else besides here I really can't compare it to other places however the appetizers were yummy. The garlic naan bread was very good. A couple of the dinners were extremely spicy but tasty. Food could have been a little hotter temperature wise. The staff was great. The price was right. Nice glass of wine included as well.

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank nayhay
Hong Kong, China
“Great meal, wonderful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Went here having little experience with Indian food at the time, the waiter was not just polite and friendly, he gave us the best and most detailed descriptions. And the food was wonderful. Each dish outshone the other. A real gem

Visited April 2013
4 Thank Glubetrutah
Nanuet, New York
“not the best”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

It's a shame that Karavalli's food is not up to par with some of the fantastic Indian restaurants that I frequent. The food is mediocre at best. Aloo Paratha is good, but greasy. Chicken Tikki Masala is typically a delicious dish - but Karavelli manages to ruin this dish with a bright orange sauce. I have had Lamb Vindaloo where I wondered if the lamb was from a lamb? Tough, veiny, disgusting. But the sauce was actually pretty good. The Saag Poneer was also good. But I wonder if the chef and owners are tasting the food here! I would seriously doubt it. If they keep going this way - you are soon to be out of business. Wake up, train the chef, and please give us good tasting, well prepared, good quality Indian food.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank coratolomc
New York
“Fabulous Indian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

I went to Karavalli via a Groupon and loved it so much that I kicked myself for never going into the restaurant before. Eveything I tried (shrimp appetizer and shrimp with onion and ginger sauce) was fantastic and filled with flavor. Even the breads, I had poori and Garlic Naan with my dishes, were excellent. As someone who used to go to Indian restaurants in Manhattan all the time, i can say without a doubt that Karavalli can hold its own. I will most definitely be back even without the Groupon.

Visited February 2014