“Dogs accepted here!”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Nanuet
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Dogs accepted here!”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

My husband and I stayed at this Candlewood just because they take dogs! We stayed in May of 2013. Our price was 99 dollars a night plus 20 dollars for our two dogs. We thought this was a fair price. Having never stayed at a Candlewood, we were surprised at the comforts of the suite! Full size fridge, bonus! Our room was on the first floor, which was convenient to take the dogs out to the dog-walking area. The room was very clean, but you only have weekly housekeeping. However, you can exchange linens at anytime. The location is ideal for anyone using the New York Thruway or the Garden State Parkway. It is also, ideal for traveling into NYC. It's only a 45 min. (max) ride into the city. The only complaint I have is the slow internet service. I will stay here again, even if we are not traveling with dogs.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Poughkeepsie, New York
Reviewed 16 March 2013

We Parked my car and walked in on 3-7-13 during the snow in order to avoid an eminent snow day the next day. The location is conveniently located to all things lower new york / northern NJ and was 8 mins. from my day work. I so very much needed to avoid the 60 mile trip home in an iffy snow, and it was a good thing for my drivers side windshield wiper failed the next morning in the height of the snow band when I went to leave / check out . I had never stayed in a suite before so to just walk in and be offered a suite on the third floor for just $111.36 with tax made me most pleasantly surprised.

The front desk staff member asked "what brought me here today?" and I told him "the frozen liquid sunshine". He quickly booked me into room 312. The location is in walking distance of the mall locations and it beats driving around here esp. in the snow. Its even (7 min walk) next door to a liquor store . Instead of cooking for my self I went to the red lobster near by up the hill. Upon my return taking the stairs up I pointed out the mud trail on the carpet to the front clerk who happen by, by the morning the trail had even more mud tracks so funny. I had to try not to step on the muddy foot prints. cant figure that out it was now snowing.

Room 312 is at left over the entrance courtyard parking area. The parking was convenient. I slept like a baby hearing no trains, highway, or voices. This room had a connector door to the next room that was not an issue.

I rather laugh at myself when I had to have the front desk clerk come up to my room to show me how to put down the bath tub plunger in order to draw a bath. Hint, you just push the plunger down with your bear hand, Brilliant!

I found the air handler Brilliantly economized. No matter what temperature you set it to, i think it says if the thermostat is not seeing you around then it will after a time revert back down or up to a default temp. I rather fed it quarters for a longer time instead of my constant manipulation to bring the air temp back up to where I had set it. I woke up at nite chilly, had to reset it

The Front desk clerk was most helpful over the phone to teach me how I could log on to the WiFi internet.
That was easy,
but then I had to call down again to figure out why I still was not connecting to anything, he suggested to try again and I figured out it was 14K baud modem dial up slow that it made no sense to get online this night.

In the morning the toilet clogged so I bolted (checked out). I was grateful for the free coffee and surprised to see that at 7:15am no bother of snow removal. By 7:30 the front entrance way was being shoved so but what if people slip and fall? no matter I will stay here again it was fun and very memorable because 48 hrs. later I bought a new car.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank KIAC
Lisbon
Reviewed 5 March 2013

We stayed here on a trip south (from Maine). We arrived late, clerk was polite and helpful, not always the reception you get after 10 PM. The room was clean, everything worked, even had a bag of popcorn for the microwave. Bed was comfortable, shower worked great, heat adjusted on demand. The location is ideal if you are traveling south from New England via the Tappan Zee Bridge and Garden State Parkway. The only problem we encountered was the wireless service. We were not able to get online either in the evening or the following morning. In general, we were quite satisfied.

Room Tip: Stay away from 1st floor, and the doors. We were next to a stairwell on the 1st floor, and got woke...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Ken H
NY
Reviewed 18 February 2013

There's nothing not to like about this hotel, except perhaps the lack of an indoor pool and breakfast. Otherwise they've got it knocked. The rooms are sparklingly clean and spacious, the young man at the night desk was friendly and warm, they even have free movies to rent-- though they truly need to replenish their supply, they were out of almost every movie! There's a little snack store where you can buy drinks and snacks, and Nanuet offers bakeries, diners, and restaurants galore so you won't really miss the lack of a free breakfast. Best of all, it's only a 45 minute drive from NYC so if you are headed home upstate or to New England and spent an extra-long day in the city, you can usually find a room here for under $100. Can't beat that.

Room Tip: You can request feather pillows if you like
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Liz R
Jaipur
Reviewed 6 February 2013

I am a big fan of the Candlewood concept and this one lives up to the expectations.

The hotel is a typical candlewood and my room was complete with the kitchen, full-size refrigerator, microwave, pots-and-pans, large size flat screen TV and a nice comfy bed.

The staff at the reception is friendly and quickly checks you in.

The location is great with a lot of restaurants around and a Costco and Lowe's next door.

Only two negatives: House-keeping is once a week and the Internet is slow.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank GMundra
cortlandt manor, ny
Reviewed 20 December 2012

I just needed a place that had a bed and wifi for the weekend. Candlewood was a great find. Using my triple a card, I got a great rate. As I checked in, I found out that the hotel was an extended stay type of hotel and so had kitchens in each room in addition to having free laundry facilities. As I was there because of a swim meet, the fact that i could put towels in a dryer was awesome. It was a quiet hotel that is close to the main road. The bed was comfortable, the wifi worked well and the kitchen was clean. Other that a small problem I had with late checkout, the weekend was made much easier by staying at Candlewood

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank swim4gold
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Have stayed at Candlewood Suites before but this one was by far the best. Recently renovated and they've done a fantastic job at the renovations. The room is a great size, including the bathroom, and swanky with the fixtures and fittings. I agree with the previous review... the only downer was the poor state of the internet. Didn't want to do much, just check emails but it was awful. Right next to the mall including supermarkets to pick up supplies for the room.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Emma S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nanuet
Hampton Inn Nanuet
Days Inn Nanuet Spring Valley
The Time Nyack
The Time Nyack
#1 of 3 in Nyack

Been to Candlewood Suites - Nanuet? Share your experiences!