“Super service, great price”

Candlewood Suites - Nanuet
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Nanuet
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Super service, great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

I stayed here on business, so price and location were my most important factors. As I anticipated when I booked my reservation, this hotel hits the mark right on with respect to both, it was super value priced and a perfect location for getting in and out in the busy Rockland County metro area. What I didn't expect was such super service, friendly folks and spacious rooms. The gentlemen at the front desk was smiling when I arrived, and was helping me find a room on a top floor when the woman who was responsible for cleaning the third floor walked by and chimed in with a great suggestion for a room I would like, quiet third floor at the end of the hall, and she was spot on. I slept great, never heard a sound, enjoyed the coffee set up in the room and started my day fresh. Thank you so much for the wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms are quieter, but lower floor have easier access to the parking lot if you have a l...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 01dale

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bellmore, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

Was not able to book the usual places I stay at so I had to book an overnight stay here. Hotel is clean, room was comfortable and clean. Bed and Bathroom were huge. The place just doesn't have the feel of an overnight accommodation, geared more towards long term stays.

Room Tip: Get as far from the elevator as possible
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank srcesq
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Nanuet, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Dear srcesq,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. I am happy that you noticed the cleanliness not only of the room but of the entire hotel. On the other hand, I truly apologize for the not up to par experience you had during you stay with us. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Pune, Maharashtra, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

I stayed at Candlewood Suites for two months. Candlewood Suites is designed for long term stay, with every studio furnished with a kitchen. That, along with free laundry facility made my stay pretty comfortable. And a fixed time shuttle to drop me to my office and pick up in the evening, taking us twice a week to a nearby Indian Store to get our regular grocery supplies was an icing in the cake. This is a very thoughtful amenity from the management keeping in view there are quite a lot of people from India visiting on business and staying there for weeks at a time. Saves lot of time and money.

Candlewood Suites is good in most counts - amenities within the hotel and the room, upkeep and maintenance, ambience, front desk service for most part. Few things that were annoying are quite noisy equipments (refrigerator, air conditioning), three instances during my stay where all of a sudden I was unable to dial toll free numbers from my room, and an inordinately high amount they held up in my prepaid card (I went into a negative balance for a brief time). Front Desk never had convincing answers why I faced these issues - it was a plain "it is the way your reservation is set up" which is not quite helpful. Dryers frequently went down with clothes not drying even after the dryer running for one hour. Housekeeping services were not uniform, some weeks it was excellent, some weeks it was just ok.

Overall, it is quite ok and recommended for long term stay. For short term stay do bear in mind the hotel doesn't have an in-house restaurant (though there are eateries nearby).

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Rock Hill, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

My husband and I stayed at this Candlewood just because they take dogs! We stayed in May of 2013. Our price was 99 dollars a night plus 20 dollars for our two dogs. We thought this was a fair price. Having never stayed at a Candlewood, we were surprised at the comforts of the suite! Full size fridge, bonus! Our room was on the first floor, which was convenient to take the dogs out to the dog-walking area. The room was very clean, but you only have weekly housekeeping. However, you can exchange linens at anytime. The location is ideal for anyone using the New York Thruway or the Garden State Parkway. It is also, ideal for traveling into NYC. It's only a 45 min. (max) ride into the city. The only complaint I have is the slow internet service. I will stay here again, even if we are not traveling with dogs.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Poughkeepsie, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

We Parked my car and walked in on 3-7-13 during the snow in order to avoid an eminent snow day the next day. The location is conveniently located to all things lower new york / northern NJ and was 8 mins. from my day work. I so very much needed to avoid the 60 mile trip home in an iffy snow, and it was a good thing for my drivers side windshield wiper failed the next morning in the height of the snow band when I went to leave / check out . I had never stayed in a suite before so to just walk in and be offered a suite on the third floor for just $111.36 with tax made me most pleasantly surprised.

The front desk staff member asked "what brought me here today?" and I told him "the frozen liquid sunshine". He quickly booked me into room 312. The location is in walking distance of the mall locations and it beats driving around here esp. in the snow. Its even (7 min walk) next door to a liquor store . Instead of cooking for my self I went to the red lobster near by up the hill. Upon my return taking the stairs up I pointed out the mud trail on the carpet to the front clerk who happen by, by the morning the trail had even more mud tracks so funny. I had to try not to step on the muddy foot prints. cant figure that out it was now snowing.

Room 312 is at left over the entrance courtyard parking area. The parking was convenient. I slept like a baby hearing no trains, highway, or voices. This room had a connector door to the next room that was not an issue.

I rather laugh at myself when I had to have the front desk clerk come up to my room to show me how to put down the bath tub plunger in order to draw a bath. Hint, you just push the plunger down with your bear hand, Brilliant!

I found the air handler Brilliantly economized. No matter what temperature you set it to, i think it says if the thermostat is not seeing you around then it will after a time revert back down or up to a default temp. I rather fed it quarters for a longer time instead of my constant manipulation to bring the air temp back up to where I had set it. I woke up at nite chilly, had to reset it

The Front desk clerk was most helpful over the phone to teach me how I could log on to the WiFi internet.
That was easy,
but then I had to call down again to figure out why I still was not connecting to anything, he suggested to try again and I figured out it was 14K baud modem dial up slow that it made no sense to get online this night.

In the morning the toilet clogged so I bolted (checked out). I was grateful for the free coffee and surprised to see that at 7:15am no bother of snow removal. By 7:30 the front entrance way was being shoved so but what if people slip and fall? no matter I will stay here again it was fun and very memorable because 48 hrs. later I bought a new car.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank KIAC
Lisbon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

We stayed here on a trip south (from Maine). We arrived late, clerk was polite and helpful, not always the reception you get after 10 PM. The room was clean, everything worked, even had a bag of popcorn for the microwave. Bed was comfortable, shower worked great, heat adjusted on demand. The location is ideal if you are traveling south from New England via the Tappan Zee Bridge and Garden State Parkway. The only problem we encountered was the wireless service. We were not able to get online either in the evening or the following morning. In general, we were quite satisfied.

Room Tip: Stay away from 1st floor, and the doors. We were next to a stairwell on the 1st floor, and got woke...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Ken H
NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

There's nothing not to like about this hotel, except perhaps the lack of an indoor pool and breakfast. Otherwise they've got it knocked. The rooms are sparklingly clean and spacious, the young man at the night desk was friendly and warm, they even have free movies to rent-- though they truly need to replenish their supply, they were out of almost every movie! There's a little snack store where you can buy drinks and snacks, and Nanuet offers bakeries, diners, and restaurants galore so you won't really miss the lack of a free breakfast. Best of all, it's only a 45 minute drive from NYC so if you are headed home upstate or to New England and spent an extra-long day in the city, you can usually find a room here for under $100. Can't beat that.

Room Tip: You can request feather pillows if you like
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Liz R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nanuet
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Nanuet
#1 of 2 in Spring Valley
The Time Nyack
The Time Nyack
#1 of 3 in Nyack

Been to Candlewood Suites - Nanuet? Share your experiences!