“Comfortable”

Candlewood Suites - Nanuet
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Nanuet
“Comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

The room was quite big and clean. And the Staff was friendly. Location was good, it is very close to T.J Maxx if you are looking for shopping, and Cheesecake Factory famous for its delicious cheesecakes. The only thing we dont like is Air condition. It was too noisy, we had to turn it off during sleep. Generally everything was perfect.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Gonca G
David M, Guest Services at Candlewood Suites - Nanuet, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Hello Gonca G,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write your review!

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our staff friendly. We work very hard to provide a welcoming environment for all guests. It's great to know that you have seen some of the local stores and restaurants. If we have the pleasure to welcome you again we would love to recommend some other local attractions as well.

We are sorry to hear about the noise from your air conditioner. While this is not a common occurrence if something similar to this happened again please contact the front desk and we would be happy to rectify the situation.

Thanks again for everything!

Guest Services

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Sarasota, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel before and it has been nicely upgraded. Room was large and with all amenities for short or long stay. I would recommend this hotel and would return. It is off the beaten path but close enough to everything. My type of place. Note, no breakfast is included.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank retirededward
David M, Guest Services at Candlewood Suites - Nanuet, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Hello Retirededward,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write your review.

We're very happy to know that you chose to stay with us again and that you found our room renovations to be nice. We are thrilled to know that you would recommend us and we can't wait to see you again!

Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on points and needed room for my family. Upon check in Dave worked his magic and found a nice room to fit my family comfortably. The room was great and Dave helped us with a couple other items we needed. He is a great representative for this hotel. Thanks Dave!

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank T E
Charles M, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites - Nanuet, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Hello T.E.,

Thank you for staying with us and sending us your feedback!

We are glad to hear that you enojoyed your stay and that Dave was able to provide a great expereience!

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again.

Charles M.
Operations Manager
Lagos, Nigeria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

First time visit to NY and sadly couldn't stay in manhattan, had to stay close to Nyack because that's where some of my relatives reside. As a tourist I was really looking forward to a swell time.
The front desk personnel were very warm and assisting. Sorry, just had to mention Dave, the other male front desk personnel and the Asian looking personnel with the long dark hair. Didn't get their names tho. Good work guys.
The internet service was also ok. Was easy making breakfast in the mornings with the utensils provided. My room was warm despite the freezing weather condition. Good gym, clean surrounding. My 7days stay was really worth it. Good work!

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Yemi O
David M, Guest Services Representative at Candlewood Suites - Nanuet, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Hello Yemi O,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write your review.

We are glad that you chose to stay with us for your first time in NY and hope your trip was great!

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was friendly and helpful and helped make your trip memorable. We are also glad to hear that you were able to find our kitchen useful and the room warm during this cold winter.

We hope to see you again if you ever find yourself in NY again.

san francisco
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Brands should be consistent from one to another; this Candlewood should be on probation.
Not a friendly check-in, no upgrade for a frequent traveler. The hallway carpets were filthy, the room smelled of Fabreez; entire hotel needs renovation.
I always try to find something nice to say: laundry room and workout room was good.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank sfwon
David M, Guest Services Representative at Candlewood Suites - Nanuet, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Hello Larry W,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write your review! All feedback helps us improve our hotel.

We are very sorry to hear that your stay did not meet expectations. Our staff works hard to provide a top notch experience throughout your stay so we are disheartened to hear that your check-in experience did not meet this standard.

We are very appreciative of your frequent traveling and we do our best to offer upgrades to our road warriors when possible. Unfortunately it is based on availability and we are not always able to provide a room upgrade.

All of your feedback has been passed to the appropriate departments for review.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again.

Guest Services

Travellers are raving about these Nanuet hotels

Ontario, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

I booked this hotel as I stayed here last year and all was well. The weekend started out well as the gentleman at the front desk was very accommodating and secured me a room on the first floor. Unfortunately the good will stopped there. The hotel sidewalks were not cleared of snow and were very icy to the point of being dangerous. My toilet was plugged the first day and maintenance had to be called. The TV in the family room was not getting clear channels on one channel but all others were okay and the TV in the bedroom was okay. ??? The refrigerator made such a rattling noise that I could not sleep and had to unplug it finally. I was disappointed and am a Platinum member...

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank milkeway04
David M, Guest Services Representative at Candlewood Suites - Nanuet, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Hello milkeway04,

We would like to thank you for staying with us, taking the time to write your review, and of course for being a Platinum Member! All feedback helps us improve our hotel.

We are happy to hear that you found our front desk agent "accommodating" but disheartened to hear about the inconveniences you experienced.

We are truly sorry about the refrigerator disturbing your sleep. We aim to provide top notch comfort and quality and this standard was obviously not met.

We also apologize for the slippery conditions during your stay. Guest safety is of the utmost importance to our entire staff and our maintenance crews have been working hard to keep our walkways and parking lot area clean and safe.

I have reached out to you via private message to hopefully have the opportunity to gather some more information regarding your stay.

Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Having to stay at a hotel due to winter weather for a few days, I chose this hotel because of the kitchenette feature. It was nice to have my own kitchen to be able to prepare meals and save money on expensive dining out and not having to travel in bad weather.

The room had a very comfortable feel to it, having a recliner chair was nice although it was tight in the corner next to the bed. The bed was probably the best bed I ever slept in in a hotel. The kitchen was equipped with what you would need to prepare a nice meal except there were no tablespoons. The full size refrigerator was nice and cold, except it cycled on rather frequently and was noisy. I could not figure out how to get the ice maker to work.

There is a commuter train that runs behind the building. I had read reviews on how noisy it was as it blows it whistle every time it crosses the road. I had specifically asked to be in a room away from the train and that request was not honored. But I did not know it until I had settled in and the train passed by and blew its whistle.

The reason for my stay was due to snow and I was disappointed that on the night of the storm, the television reception went out. I think the hotel should use cable service not satellite TV. The desk said they were aware and working on it, but the signal never returned. I did have my tablet with me and was happy the free WiFi didn't go out, so I was able to get my own updates.

I also found out that the preset buttons on the phone did not work, when I pushed the 24hr help button and nothing happened. So I had to go down to the lobby to inquire about the television situation and mentioned the button situation on the phone and was told that they are not hooked up and you have to dial 0 to get the front desk.

On the second day of my wintery stay when I returned back to the hotel in the middle of the afternoon, I found the parking lot was barely plowed out. A section in the back of the hotel was partially cleared so I parked there, but the alternate entrances to the hotel were not shoveled so I had to walk entirely around the property on icy/snowy ground to the front entrance. It wasn't much better the next morning, but luckily the sun was out.

Despite the weather related issues, I found this hotel to be a very comfortable, home away from home.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Grace G
David M, Guest Services Representative at Candlewood Suites - Nanuet, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Hello SIGIRL_NY,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write your review!

We are happy to hear that you found our beds comfortable and the amenities within convenient, we aim to provide a "home away from home" feeling especially when inclement weather hits.

We sincerely apologize about the technical issues our television service experienced during your stay. Unfortunately, the severe snow storm did cause some signal issues and while we were in constant contact with our provider there was not much they were able to do until the weather improved.

The weather also had an averse affect on our cleanup ability. Our response time was longer than usual due to the amount of snow on that date. We are sorry for the inconvenience and are discussing ways to improve during severe weather.

We have taken note of your feedback and are very appreciative. All responses help us improve our hotel and your comments have been passed to the appropriate departments.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Guest Services
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nanuet
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Nanuet
#1 of 2 in Spring Valley
The Time Nyack
The Time Nyack
#1 of 3 in Nyack

Been to Candlewood Suites - Nanuet? Share your experiences!