“Hotel Block”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Nanuet
New York City, New York
“Hotel Block”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I recently blocked a group of hotels at the Hilton Garden Inn. We had a great experience working with the staff at the Hotel, specifically Naji. Early check-ins were granted. The on-site restaurant served as a lovely place to host a post-wedding Sunday breakfast. Would recommend the hotel to anyone looking for a friendly, clean, and pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
ALICIA D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nanuet, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Thank you TG for taking the time out of your busy post wedding schedule to post a trip advisor review for us. My team and I strive to exceed our guests expectations even with something so small as an early check in. Naji is a wonderful asset to our team thank you for the recognition. We wish you and your new husband a happy and healthy future together.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Malvern, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 September 2013

good location, nice and capable staff, professional demeanor, poor suite maintenance, dirty carpet, worn furniture, uneven flow from the shower which was installed to high to reach for adjustment (and I'm over 6'3.....mediocre property offsetting good people

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you Kenneyme for taking the time to post a review for us on trip advisor. We appreciate your feedback on the room conditions. Since your stay we have had the carpets professionally cleaned and are planning new furnishings in the next year. We appreciate the recognition on my team and service and I can assure you that everyone here strives to exceed every guests expectations. We do hope to see you again in the future.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 10 September 2013

This is a great place to stay while in the area. My wife and I are from Los Angeles but we were married in NY not too long ago. We needed accommodations for several guests in the Nanuet area for a few days, so we booked several rooms here. And the experience was wonderful. The rooms are ample, modern, and very clean. The hotel staff was always very friendly and accommodating. We worked with their Sales Director, Naji S., to set up all of the reservations, and he was amazing! He helped us get the most out of our stay.

We and all of our guests had an awesome time here; making our wedding that much more memorable.

Thank you HGI.

Room Tip: Book in advance.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you Alex D for taking the time out of your busy schedule to fill out the trip advisor review for us. Congratulations to you and your wife as well, we wish you a happy and healthy future together and hope you will come back and see us for anniversaries. My team is very lucky to have such a great sales person as Naji thank you for taking the time to recognize him. We look forward to seeing you and your family in the future.
Farmville, United States
Reviewed 5 September 2013

This place is wonderful if you are traveling for business, as a lot of guests are. If you stay here, you MUST stop by the bar/restaurant to visit with Jean - she'll make you feel right at home and introduce you to the other regular business people there. The new food is great too - pesto chicken sandwich is yummy and so are the specials! Ask for big Mike!

Havre de Grace, Maryland
Reviewed 31 August 2013

This hotel has been updated recently and is probably the best in the area for value and convenience. I travel to Nanuet every week on business and tried several other properties but finally settled here. The staff is very friendly and the restaurant is great when you don't feel like going out. Almost like being at home.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you BayBoiHDG for being such a loyal and frequent traveler to our property. Our team appreciates you staying with us week after week. Have a wonderful fall season!
Bristol, United States
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We need to leave early before breakfast and the chef provided us with a cup of fresh fruit and yogurt. He was very accommodating. We were very pleased! The rooms were very clean and beds very comfortable. The room was mistakenly a smoking room but the staff located a non smoking room that only had one king bed but offered a cot. THe cot was a full size twin bed with a comfortable mattress,

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you Richard M for taking the time to give us a trip advisor review. We appreciated you choosing to stay with us and look forward to seeing you again while in the Rockland area. I was so pleased to see that my Chef was able to help you get something to eat prior to leaving. My team and I strive to exceed our guests expectations. Have a wonderful fall season!
Rhinebeck, New York
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Stayed here a couple of weekends back as a get away for 3 days. It is very conveniently located near a Target to get supplies if you need them and minutes away from the Pallisades Mall. The room was clean and large with two double beds, a good desk and awesome ergonomic chair. The room also had as standard, a fridge and Microwave (this where the Target came in handy - because you could get cheap microwavable meals if you wanted to stay in). I asked for a higher floor and got it, but don't know if it was all that necessary. Despite being off the highway, it the room was very quiet. The staff respected privacy and obeyed the do not disturb sign on my door, which allowed me to crash and write, and surf the net in peace.

I left the room briefly on my second day at Breakfast time to find it being made fresh. I had some side dishes and brought them up to my room, paying about $5.00 for the tray. Not a bad deal, but it might have been something that could have been tossed in for free, considering that the Hampton Inn chains (one was right next door) offers breakfast as standard. Nevertheless, the food was fine and the free coffee and lemonade was a welcome addition.

I used the treadmill in the exercise room, but the only drawback is that there did not appear to be a working controller for the TV. It might be a problem if you want to change the channels to view CNN, as opposed to sports while working out.

One minor inconvenience was that the hotel is a little difficult to get to at first, because you have to turn around on the main road, to get access to the common shared driveway that both the HGI and the Hampton Inn share. That aside, the parking is very secure and I had no worries about the car's safety during my stay.

I would recommend this hotel to any business traveler, who has a car and can get around to local places for a break. The Pallisades Mall alone can occupy your day, if you have the time.

Overall, I found the experience very pleasant and would return in the future if I wanted to wind down for a couple of days.

Room Tip: Book a room on a high floor, despite what I have written. Also, be wary of the thermostats in the r...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
ALICIA D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nanuet, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Thank you AK L for taking the time to post a tripadvisor review for our Hilton Garden Inn property. We appreciated you staying with us. I was so pleased to see that my team provided the services you needed. We do have some great packages that include the breakfast for a smaller fee than purchasing on the morning of. I wish you and your family a great fall season!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nanuet
Hampton Inn Nanuet
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Spring Valley
Days Inn Nanuet Spring Valley

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Nanuet? Share your experiences!