“Great hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Nanuet
Rochester, NY
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2005

I thought this hotel was terrific. Good location right off the freeway, but not loud. Not far from shopping. Exercise room had machines that actually worked. I felt very comfortable at the hotel and plan to stay there again when I return for work. Nice and helpful staff.

• Stayed October 2005, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CateRochester_NY

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2005

Absolutely the best hotel in the market.
Rooms are top notch and clean.
Staff was accomodating and friendly.
Indoor pool and spa was great.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2004

I had made a reservation for the Hilton Garden Inn in Nanuet online.
The reservation was for a non-smoking room confirmed, and a king sized bed in a "deluxe" room. In the notes column I indicated that I would be arriving at midnight.

I was happy to arrive at the hotel, and find an envelope with my name and my room key. However, when I opened the door of the room, it was a smoking room, smelling of smoke, with two double beds. I proceeded to go back to the front desk to inform the clerk on duty that was not the room I had ordered.

He was flustered. He was unable to use the hotel's computer, and told me to have a seat, while he checked to see if there was a room available. He proceeded to call the manager on his cell phone, and then to go up to each floor and see if there was a room available. After 45 minutes, he told me there was a room available, however when he showed it to me, it had the smoking symbol on the outside. I told him I did not want a smoking room. He said, "no smell of smoke."

During the 45 minutes, I called other hotels in the area, and found an establishment nearby with a non smoking room and a queen size bed.

I was deeply disappointed by the lack of professionalism of the front clerk, who was flustered and was not familiar with the computer to check whether there was a room available, and had to search the entire hotel, using a universal pass key to check rooms. I would strongly not recommend this hotel to any traveler, and would encourage you to find other facilities nearby.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nanuet
Hampton Inn Nanuet
#1 of 2 in Suffern
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Spring Valley

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Nanuet? Share your experiences!