“Little hole in the wall in terms of their physical storefront, but great products”
Review of Carousel Cakes

Carousel Cakes
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Nanuet
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This is a great bakery. Although the storefront experience is underwhelming, their baked goods are excellent. This is the place to buy a cake or cupcakes for a special occasion. My daughter loves their red velvet the best. For one of our girls' bat mitzvahs, we had them make a beautiful custom designed cake along with many dozens of gorgeous cupcakes. Not inexpensive, but not outrageous and everyone loved the cake and the cupcakes.

Bonus - if you are kosher for Passover, or if you need to bring a dessert to a Passover seder, they have the BEST Passover desserts I have ever tried.

A wonderful gem in Rockland.

1  Thank bkramer947

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I'm not as enamored of Carousel as all of the other posters here, but I know plenty of people who love it/them. You will find their cakes in alot of restaurants, and I've eaten plenty of them over the years, as they serve them at all of our office functions (we have in house commercial food service and they purchase from them). I find the product somewhat commercial, mass produced, not all real ingredients. There have to be to achieve the "perfect" appearance every time. Sorry, but I'm much more of a fan of the more French inspired bakeries - real buttercream icing, delicious chocolate, delicate little fruit tarts, butter cookies, flaky croissants. Didier Dumas in Nyack is one that comes to mind as #1. Amy's Bread, Sugar Sweet Sunshine on Rivington, the Cupcake Cafe, Magnolia -- in NYC.

3  Thank nyackgirl47
Reviewed 10 October 2013

OMG, where to start? I found out about Carousel from "Oprah's Favorite Things" and thought I'd give it a try bc I love Red Velvet Cakes. They offer Red, Blue and Pink Velvet!!! The red is fabulous, the pink even more outstanding and the blue I've yet to try. The Pink Velvet is only offered during the month of October in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month so one can only indulge once a year. I've been ordering the Pink for the past few years and really enjoy the annual splurge. The only down side is that it is very expensive and shipping costs are nearly as much as the cake! So, if you can afford an $80 cake for a special occasion, I give this one Five Stars easily.

Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

Red velvet. Just... Do it. It is the best red velvet cupcake I had ever had; no other cupcake has ever topped it!
Plenty of chocolate items to choose from, all sinfully delicious! (If you are red velveted out)..
Also some awesome non chocolate items. My Hubby's favorite is the lemon cake, which I will admit, is great after a heavy meal.

Note: the baked goods are handed to you in cute bakery containers partially frozen... They are obviously fresh, but it is a good idea to plan at least 15 minutes before devouring. But in this hot summer weather, you'll be glad its pre-chilled for you!

Reviewed 24 April 2013

Stumbled upon this location purely by accident after leaving Rockland Bakery. Two bakeries in one day? Well, somebody has to do it.

I am a fan of Carousel Cakes in Ridgewood but this industrial looking location looks a bit unapproachable. My friend and I decided to see what it was about. Yum! Yes, it is the same Carousel Cakes, but this is where they are made!!

We got 4 blue velvet cupcakes to go. So good, I ordered a whole cake a few weeks later. Just like a red velvet cake, but the cake is died . . . bright blue. Festive & fun and wonderful with their cream cheese frosting.

2  Thank MamaDeegs