“Perfect romantic weekend”

Monier Manor
Monier Manor
Ranked #5 of 5 Naples B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 January 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Monier Manor during a long weekend trip we took to the FInger Lakes in the spring. We had an amazing time from beginning to end. First off, Donna graciously allowed us to arrive quite late on a Friday night -- she stayed up so that we could get a key and she showed us around the house. Our room was beautiful. It was large, comfortable, and quite pretty. Her breakfasts were outrageously good. And best of all, Donna spent the time to help us plan our weekend activities. We had an amazing time, and we owed it all to Donna!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer F

Reviewed 11 October 2011

We just returned yesterday from a delightful stay. The Monier Manor is a beautiful place. Our room was huge with a fireplace and two extremely comfy leather chairs. The bed was absolutely perfect for a super sleep.
Donna and her husband were great hosts. If you want information, they are there for you. But they are also not overbearing. Just perfect.
The breakfasts were delicious!!!
The area is so nice. A small town which prides itself on their grape pies. The wine trails around the lakes are very interesting, with spectacular views along the routes.
We had a wonderful, three night visit and would highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank ExTeach48
Reviewed 13 August 2011

We had tickets to see a show at Bristol Valley Theatre so we decided to try and make an overnight getaway out of it. We found the B&B online and decided to tryt it. The house is so beautiful! The rooms are HUGE and SO CLEAN!!! They had a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker in the hall for guest use which was perfect because we had packed a picnic for dinner. Our 24 hours was perfect. So relaxing...a hilarious show at BVT which we could walk right down the street to.....I would recommend this to anyone and hope to return again next year!

Room Tip: I would go with the rooms that have the King beds.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank magmom02
Reviewed 26 July 2011

We had a lovely stay at Monier Manor. Donna and Bruce were great, and always there to answer any questions you have. Donna was nice enough to upgrade our room at no extra charge due to a little lighting issue which was very nice of her. The rooms are beautiful and well put together. Everything is clean and organized. Donna's breakfast was delicious and always fresh. She set up our wine tour which was great also. I can't say enough how great everything was. When we go back to visit the wineries we already know we must come back to Monier Manor.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ashlee123
Reviewed 6 July 2010

We have traveled and lived in the South & North East and believe that on average, Monier Manor is the best. The rooms were spotless Donna was a great host and was very accommodating. We will certainly return

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank arayCentralN_j_
Reviewed 23 May 2010

I arrived in Naples late at night on a very cold April day (snow in the air). Luckily, I was staying at Monier Manor -- was able to make a hot cup of coffee, snuggle into a beautiful room full of antiques and oriental rugs, and drift off to sleep on a feather bed under a down duvet with the fireplace going. What a treat. Breakfasts were very special -- Donna is a great cook and uses many locally grown/produced products. Bring on the pancakes with the pure maple syrup -- wonderful. What better place to stay -- an historic home, at the beginning of the wine trail with gracious hosts who know the area and will help you with your plans for dinners, tours, etc. I will come back again and again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank FreqFlyer12
Reviewed 23 April 2010

I have worked for Bruce and Donna Scott ever since they opened their business. Over the last 7 years I have become very close with Bruce and Donna and they have taken me under their wings almost as one of their own. After reading these "stupid" and "negative" reviews I could not help to put my own two cents in here. First off every one has bad days. Bruce and Donna have gone through a lot over the last two years. Running a B&B adds a little more stress to that than some people might think. It's not your average walk in the park. Yes some people have allergies, some people have diet restrcitions, blah blah blah. Donna does her BEST to accomodate those needs and I have to say that her cooking is above and beyond! She is always making something or ceating new dishes, NEVER EVER rude and sarcastic. However everyone is entitled to take things differently. Maybe you woke up in a bad mood that moring and felt that you should take something out on her. With Bruce and Donna devoting every last minute and dollar to that B&B, which is also their home, there are entitled to some freedom. Think again of some of the strain that comes with running your own business, not a walk in the park people. I have worked many a hours in that home making sure that it is as comfy and cozy as I would want my own home to be. Never feel like you are an "inconvenience"to them, they have made their home warm and welcome. Don't judge someone especially if you don't know them considering they might be going through a difficult time. Naples is a wonderful tourist attration, especially in September when the Grape Festival is being held. Maybe you should consider walking in their shoes for a day and see just what the gravy is all about. I would reccomend this B&B to ANYONE!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2010
2  Thank beccacaves
Also consider these accommodations in or near Naples
Best Western Plus The Hammondsport Hotel
Mountain Horse Farm
Mountain Horse Farm
#1 of 5 in Naples
Sutherland House Victorian Bed and Breakfast

Been to Monier Manor? Share your experiences!