“Used to be a favorite, no longer”
Review of Casa Too Mucha

Casa Too Mucha
Ranked #38 of 94 Restaurants in New Hartford
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Hampden, Maine
“Used to be a favorite, no longer”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We used to enjoy this Mexican restaurant, the food was ok until tonight. The onion rings were tasty but with a price of $5 for 6 rings a bit too pricey. The rest of the meal was downhill from that. The salsa and chips was some veggies in a tomato sauce, ALL the food was cold the cheese on the enchilada and the "refried" beans was not even melted. The fillings of the burritos and enchiladas were cold and questionable if they would be safe to eat. We asked the waitress to take them back and rewarm them which she did pleasantly. But when she brought them back they were just as cold and the cheese still not melted. That was when we chose to leave and do not plan to return to this establishment.

• Visited November 2013

Utica, NY
“Good portions, good prices”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I haven't been to Casa Too Mucha in about two years, but my friends who have dined there always talked about the good portions, especially for fish.
I had a friend of mine come in from Canada and I decided to give Casa a try--it's local and it's not a chain restaurant. For a Wednesday night, Casa was very busy with families. The greeter wanted to seat us in the main dining room next to a family with noisy and unruly young children, but I asked to be seated at a table for two farther away from the hubbub. I was glad they had a table available in a quiet area. Still, I couldn't wait until the children left the restaurant.
I introduced my friend to a Utica specialty, chicken riggies. I was surprised that Casa didn't have the Utica greens on the menu. I felt the menu was half Italian and half Mexican/Spanish, though it did offer a few seafood options.
I ordered the chicken sonoma. At first, our waitress couldn't remember what this dish contained. Then she came back to take our order and was a bit better informed. She was pleasant enough, but I was surprised at her lack of knowledge.
My friend ordered the chicken riggies, but he didn't want the salad that accompanied it. He asked if he could substitute something else, but the waitress said no. I was disappointed that they didn't offer him a vegetable or soup in exchange. I had a good-sized salad with my entree.
Even knowing that pasta is pretty reasonable and common, I couldn't believe the large portions. Both of our dinners came on large platters and were steaming hot. They came with rich, creamy sauces. Each dinner was only $9.99.

• Visited September 2013
Syracuse, NY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Skip It”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

My family and I gave Casa another chance after years of not giving it a second thought. I can't think of one good thing to say about the experience. The waitress was efficient but not friendly. I could have had microwaved Mexican food that would have tasted better. And don't even get me started about how dirty the place is. I will never go back.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Talia1012
Toronto
“Great fish fry!”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

If you are in the area this is a great place for a fish fry - huge portions and good price . They, as the name implies, also have Mexican food but I always have the fish. Don't expect fancy, just good value.

1 Thank dscottinto
Utica, New York, United States
“Guilty Pleasure”
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a place that makes Chimichangas in this area other than here - but I feel like I may just have to give those up as the sour cream has gotten sooo liquidy that my stomach cringes just thinking about it (yes, I know ALL the stories - and if the stories aren't on here, please check Utica Topix to see what waiters/waitresses that have worked here say first hand). Filthiest place in town and I don't recommend it to anyone. Good for cheap prices and dirty Mexican food (when you want something other than a stupid burrito).

Visited November 2012