“Nice meal”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Good for: Romantic
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We arrived at Red Lobster just before 5:00 on a Thursday night. The hostess said it would take a few minutes to be seated because the staff was changing shifts. We were seated at a booth a few minutes later. The dinner menu was large. It offered a lot of choices and takes time to read. Obviously, the restaurant steers you toward the monthly specials, for example, Shrimpfest or Lobsterfest, but those meals are pricey.

We simply ordered off the regular menu. I ordered salmon and my friend chose the shrimp trio.
Our meals came with a Caesar or tossed salad, but only one vegetable with the meal. I chose broccoli, somewhat small. The salmon was an adequate size and taste, though I think it could have been larger. My friend was happy with her shrimp. Both meals came on plates that were hot to the touch and the waitress cautioned us. I am usually concerned about the sodium content of restaurant food, but neither of us found it salty. We save money on drinks by having water with our meals anyway.

Though it was a busy time, our waitress took care of us when necessary, although she was a little slow when it was time to pay the bill; not a problem.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

Food was too salty! I was up all night drinking water! I thought the food quality was just ok for the price.

1  Thank Michelle W
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Had a great special shrimp meal-hot and tasty, staff was outstanding, manager was available and also very friendly. Will go back many more times.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

For a chain not bad with a good selection of seafood on the menu. Portions are reasonable and the atmosphere could be busy at times. OK for a family visit.

Reviewed 1 January 2013

HOT real chowder in central NY State! Excellent seafood entrees, fast caring servers. Portions for all appetites. This is as close to eating out on the New England coast as you can get. Not to be missed!