“Just Adequate”

Cuisines: Chinese
Description: Bamboo Cuisines of China
Description: Bamboo Cuisines of China
Reviewed 27 October 2012 via mobile

I really don't understand the rave reviews. We went to Bamboo for lunch while visiting my daughter at Hamilton College. We all found the food to be ok, but not nearly as good as many restaurants we frequent at home in the NY/NJ area. The service left much to be desired. The waiter was somewhat surly and essentially threw the food on the table. He served two meals, five minutes later the rice came and then several minutes later the final entree was thrown, I mean, served. We will be back in the area often, but Bamboo won't be in my plans.

1  Thank TonyTheTraveller61

Reviewed 26 October 2012

This place has the best Chinese good in the area. I highly recommend Bamboo! The atmosphere is a little quiet, but the food and prices make up for it.

Reviewed 18 August 2012

Have gone there many times. I have never had a bad meal. Love this restaurant!
I have taken my daughter and my husband and the love it also.

Reviewed 12 August 2012

Good food and excellent service. Prices are good. Will definitely return on my next visit to New Hartford.

Reviewed 5 May 2012

Bamboo is located in the Orchard Shopping Center in the New Hartford/Utica area. Parking is plentiful. This is a new complex featuring many big stores and restaurants and is done quite well.

The restaurant is comfortably furnished with good distance between tables and has a small koi pond insided. The architecture is modern and sound is dampened nicely. Tables are set with china and linen. Bamboo is not your ordinary "sweet and sour" circle the number Chinese restaurant.

A varied, but not huge menu is presented. Appetizers of Grand Marnier prawns, Har Gow and Pork Soong were ordered and shared by the party of four. All were excellent. Entrees ordered were tangerine beef, Chen-Do prawns, Szechuan peppery chicken and Li Po chicken were ordered giving the diners a range from mild Cantonese to spicy Szechuan styles of cuisine. All of the dishes were shared and much to the delight of the diners, consumed in their entirety. The food was fresh, of excellent quality, beautifully presented and ample if not large in portion. All of the dishes were true to the style of cooking. Service was excellent...attentive, but not hovering.

The diners all agreed that Bamboo is a premiere Chinese restaurant and would be normally found in a much larger urban area. This restaurant would be on equal footing with any upscale Chinese restaurant in the country...it was that good.