“Great Indian Food In Upstate NY”

Taj Mahal Indian Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 98 Restaurants in New Hartford
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Great curries. My son had the salmon curry and I opted for chicken curry. Some of the best we've had. Wait staff was attentive, polite, and happy to answer our many questions about the menu. We will definitely return.

1  Thank Robertsonj55

Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

This place is wonderful! Because we did not have any experience with Indian dishes, our server asked which we prefer--beef or chicken. We chose chicken and our server took it from there! He brought a wonderful appetizer and two entrees. Delicious and wonderfully fragrant. He then surprised us with dessert--also wonderful. The price is more than reasonable. Don't pass this great restaurant!

1  Thank Vitosmom
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I am a regular to this place. The buffet during the weekdays is good but not excellent. They do not have buffet during the night. À la carte is the option.
During week ends they do have buffet which is costlier by a dollar or so, this is because they have Lamb instead of a chicken curry.
The best item I found is the chicken curry, which complements my taste bud. Also the Tandoori Chicken and the Tandoori Naan are good.
My friend always gave me mixed response when I asked about the restaurant, probably because everyone has different taste choices.
"Take away" is also available here. So one day if you do not feel like cooking at home, you can try them. Stuff are really friendly and treats you nicely.

4  Thank Sourav D
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Authentic Indian food - Halal as well -- very delicious, service good, one of my favorites - they have a tasty inexpensive luncheon buffet as well as a dinner menu - take out and delivery are also offered

Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

The food is great, and the price is great! If you and your family are looking for good Indian food and nice service check out Taj Mahal Indian Restaurant. I am German so I didn't think I would like Indian food until I took a bit of food from Taj!