“Excellent service & food”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #48 of 94 Restaurants in New Hartford
Cuisines: American
New Hartford, New York
“Excellent service & food”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Even dough this is a chain restaurant, they cook my food to order and they understand that my wife and I have a SEVERE allergy to dairy products, witch can cause death and they provide dairy free food to us with no problem.
Our permanent waiter, Scott, is excellent and always remembers our preferred wine and appetizers. Upon arrival, we ask for him by name.
Being crippled, I cannot slide into a booth but Scott always finds a reular table for us.
Highly recommend.

Visited January 2014

Flushing, Michigan
“Not so Hot”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Having to spend the night in Utica, New York, and being unfamiliar with the area, we settled on the first familiar name that we saw; in this case, Applebee's in New Hartford. It was a Saturday night, and they were busy, but upon entering, we did see a few empty tables.

We were two of about five people in line, and were summarily ignored by the hostess(s) for about ten minutes - Strike One.

When we were finally seated, it was at one of the empty tables that we observed upon entering. Our server was friendly enough, but somewhat harried by her many duties. I ordered the signature Honey Pepper Chicken and Shrimp, while my wife ordered the Santa Fe Salad. They were delivered to the table by someone other than our server (who was busy bussing tables), and who might have been part of the kitchen staff. Both meals, in their presentation, were pleasing to the eye, as we have come to expect from Applebee's. Unfortunately, the shrimp on my plate were well saturated with the Honey Pepper sauce, but were stone cold. The chicken breast was tender, nicely cooked, but completely devoid of any of the Honey Pepper sauce. My wife reported that there was very little dressing on her salad, forcing her to eat it dry - Strike Two!

We were a little disturbed to see the servers bussing tables. Granted, it was a busy night, and maybe they were short-handed, but it begs the question: Who am I tipping for the service? Is our server really just an order-taker and cash collector? I guess there might be a reason that the server doesn't deliver the food, because he/she would have to wash up every time they'd bus a table - Strike Three.

The only saving grace is that they had Yuengling on tap.

Applebee's is our visit of choice when we need to grab a quick lunch or dinner out, here at home, because the food is usually well prepared, nicely presented, tasty, and of good quality. Unfortunately, this is one Applebee's that doesn't cut it.

• Visited September 2013
Ava, ny
“Not THE best, but very, very tasty.”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

While visiting Utica, NY today for a quarterly checkup my wife suggested lunch nearby. She had a BOGO coupon that she had received for her birthday that was about to expire. Normally I jump at the chance to save money, but balked when she said it was for Applebee's. I have eaten at the Applebee's in Rome, NY several times and have never had a good experience. I like meat of any kind and always request mine rare due to a medical condition. In spite of asking special, the meat is always overcooked, and to me, completely inedible.

With a negative attitude, I reluctantly reached for the door to enter. Before I could grab it a smiling young lady opened it for us and in a very friendly voice welcomed us inside. As it was lunchtime there were already about twenty or so people seated and eating their meals. We were guided to a sunny booth and had our drinks within a couple of minutes. Looking around I was satisfied to see a well lit and very clean interior. In all fairness to Applebee's though, they are usually very clean.

Our waitress, Julie M., brought our menus and recited the specials for us. The moment of truth had arrived and I asked her if I could have my meat prepared any way I wanted it. She said all the meat dishes are fixed the same and that the rarest I could get was going to be only slightly pink or medium rare as she put it. She added that the corporate offices dictate that policy across the board. Seeing my disappointment she suggested that I try one of her personal favorites called California salad. It sounded OK and seeing as I was not going to have a juicy rare burger I ordered it. My wife ordered a Fiesta Chicken salad.

Our food came in a flash and I was pleasantly surprised to see two colorful and extremely fresh appearing salads. Mine was loaded with shrimp, boiled eggs, big chunks of avocado, and lots of onion, ripe olives and grape tomatoes. Everything was mixed with tender sweet Boston lettuce and perfectly covered with a wonderful cucumber dressing. The shrimp were perfectly cooked and the cucumber dressing complimented the salad 100%. I sampled the Fiesta Chicken salad as well. It was every bit as loaded with ingredients and almost as tasty as mine. I say almost because I can honestly say that mine was probably the best salad I have ever been served in a "chain" restaurant. I would not hesitate to order it again or to recommend it to anyone. If you eat here you must try it.

To top off the wonderful salads we decided to order Apple Chimi Cheescake for dessert. It was another of Julies suggestions. We were not disappointed at all. It was a large slice of apple cheesecake wrapped inside a crispy tortilla coated with granulated cinnamon sugar and served with a scope of tangy apple filling and another scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream. The entire creation was drizzled with thick caramel sauce. MMMMMMM! Mom's apple pie has nothing up on this.

If you stop in be sure to ask for Julie M. She is friendly, attentive, and is a true asset to the staff here at Applebee's. Thank you Julie for being there for me today.

• Visited August 2013
“Awful steaks”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

No local beer on draft! Why does Appleby'y not support local businesses? The steaks were awful - over cooked and tough. The veggies were good! The service was ok but not great!

Visited August 2013
Albany, NY
“Amazing Service”
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Applebee's food is standard chain restaurant fare, it was good, nothing spectacular. But this particular location had excellent service that deserves some kudos which is where my excellent rating comes in. We called ahead and while they don't take reservations, we were a very large group of 25-30 in town for a hockey tournament so we gave them a heads up we were coming and asked if they thought they could accommodate us. Lots of kids in the group and people arriving at different times in large groups. We arrived and they actually had set aside a large 25 top table for us. Then more showed up and they were seated right away in other larger table areas. It was a busy Saturday night, but they were very efficient and our waitress (can't remember her name, Saturday Feb 2) was great as well with all the separate checks and confusion of a few people changing seats. Very friendly service, it was a good night. Thank you New Hartford Applebee's!

Visited February 2013