“Love the Phoenician for Arabic food.”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 December 2012

I especially love the buffet because it's a real bargain. One can eat all the chicken, pork, beef, hummus tabouli, etc. that one wants. One can build one's own salad, including Greek-style olives.
I always follow up with Baklava (honey, nut and filo pastry, which is extra. They also serve beer, including Saranac, which is a must for some of my friends.
It's on French Rd., which is near Utica College and St. Lukes Hospital and Home. It is in what was once a house, so one might drive past, so drive slowly. Though small, the decor is Middle Eastern and there are semi-private rooms. I've seen the owner eating there, too, with his friends.
Also, it is very clean. The waiter took all the salt and pepper shakers and cleaned them up between groups of diners. Furthermore, he doesn't play stupid pop music.

Reviewed 3 November 2012

We went to the restaurant when visiting a family member at Hamilton College, as students raved about the place. To say they were right is an understatement. The food is amazing!!! Nothing fancy, but simple, middle eastern comfort food ... Like my grandmother used to make!! And so reasonably priced. Service is more like visiting with friends, as George the owner not only stopped by our table to say "hi," but spent significant time talking with us, telling us about his kids, and how he met his beautiful wife!! Such a special restaurant. Next Hamilton College visit, Phoenician is a must!!!

Reviewed 10 October 2012

We used to live in Upstate NY and listed this as one of our favorite restaurants. Now we live in NC and cannot get this type of food. The lamb and artichoke is absolutely delicious, his Babbaganouche (sp?) is second to none. We try to get here on a Saturday night when George has fresh kibbe available. We were in Utica the end of September and this was the first place we went, got take out grape leaves(w/meat), hommus, babba, & labni and brought it back to the family for lunch. This is a family run restaurant and everyone is involved from cooking, cleaning, serving so there is a concern about the quality and the patrons. The prices are moderate, the food is fresh and delicious.

Reviewed 27 September 2012

I've been coming here for years regularly, the most recent time being the other night. The Middle Eastern food is fresh and very good, and very reasonably priced. I often get an appetizer and the two skewers of shish kabab, and it is more than enough. I like the seafood--salmon or swordfish are always good. There's a buffet, but I prefer the regular menu. They also have meals for one or two with a choice of appetizer and kabob that's a good deal. My only complaint is the atmosphere--it's too light inside for dinner. Sometimes the service is better than at other times, although the staff is friendly. They seem to be a little short of help sometimes at the beginning of the week. But these are such small things when you get food this good; I would recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

decent, seriously 50 words to tell you 10 bucks for decent syrian food. Its Utica, I am not sure 50 words for Utica or my home town are needed. Go or don't go should suffice. Go if you like Mid Estern food.