“Just ok”

Good for: Business meetings
New Hartford, New York
“Just ok”
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I've only actually eaten here once. It is always crowded, they do a poor job of honoring reservations ( meaning you still wait 30 - 45 minutes for your table). The food is fine, if you like the hibatchi style with all the antics, they have that. Not my cup of tea...

Visited February 2012

Rome, New York
“Best Sushi In The Area”
Reviewed 22 November 2011

The service is always perfect, and the sushi is fresh.

• Visited November 2011
Mohawk
“Will never return”
Reviewed 8 January 2011

My ex-husband and I went to Mitsuba this evening.....We decided to go to Mitsuba over the other Japanese Restaurant "Sumo". Well we had no idea how tiny this restaurant was. We could literally hear the people next to us chewing their food. We were not even seated on our very tiny table, when the waitress was taking our drink order, as soon as our drink arrived 2 minutes later(I had just finished taking my jacket off)she took our order, I wanted chicked taryiaki with fried rice, I was informed that if I wanted fried rice I had to order beef and chicken(Which I did, eventhough I don't like beef)our appetizer and dinnner arrived at the same time 5 minutes later. I'm not a big eater, but the amount of food would probably satisfy a 4 year old, The waitress came back 10 minutes later and started clearing the table, Don't get me wrong we were done with out bite size meal. Within 20 minutes from walking into this restaurant, we were paying our quite high $65.00 bill. I must say I had never had dinner not even at a fast food restaurant within 20 minutes. Anyway after leaving this restaurant since we were still hungry, we went to Wendy's and enjoyed a nice relaxed meal, we were there 45 minutes and did not feel rushed......I go out to dinner pretty frequently......One thing I Know....I will never return to Mitsuba or will recommend this place to anyone...

• Visited January 2011
Upstate New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sumo is much better”
Reviewed 13 February 2010

My husband and I wanted to try Mitsuba. We've been to Sumo several times and loved it, so we thought we'd try out the "other" New Hartford Japanese Hibachi place. The atmosphere was nice, but the service was lousy and the food was mediocre. We made reservations for the dining room, not the hibachi, but the menu included the hibachi items as well. I figured we didn't need the hibachi show, but I like the food, so I tried to order a hibachi meal (which we've done at Sumo with no problem) and was told "No - you can only order that in the hibachi area." Okay, disappointed, but fine, whatever. Then I tried to order the duck - "No - that chef isn't here tonight, so you can't order anything from that section of the menu." What?!?! So you give people a menu and then tell them half of it is off limits? I'm willing to spend money here to enjoy some food, but you won't sell me what's on the menu?!?! So fine, my husband ordered a Thai dish and I got the teriaki steak - both were mediocre at best, and not much of it. Lesson learned. We'll stick with Sumo.

1 Thank NevaUpstateNewYork
Syracuse
“Not a Japanese Restaurant”
Reviewed 2 September 2009

A fake (gizou)Japanese "Sushi" restaurant run by Chinese who think they know how to do sushi. It's Ok for this area especially since there are no authentic Japanese restaurants here. You probably have to go to NYC to get really good sushi. This seems to be a trend where Chinese businessmen set up shop as a "Japanese" restaurant because they have saturated the whole world with Chinese restaurants. Sumo is the same set-up as well, and they are building another Mistuba on Seneca Tpk. I guess if you don't know any better it doesn't matter so they can get away with this in Utica, because all orientals look-cook alike to most people here.
The food was OK, the rice was not "gohan" Japanese rice, but cheap Chinese rice-yuk.
The girls were pushy and wanted the plates back before we were even done-they must not have enough plates, the beer glass had clorox in it.