“One of the worst hotels I have stayed in in a long time!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Utica

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Utica
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in New Hartford
GreenLeadersBronze level
new york
“One of the worst hotels I have stayed in in a long time!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed one night while attending an awards event. Our group had reserved a block of six rooms. One of the rooms we were given was already occupied by someone when we entered and one room was actually being used by the hotel as a "storage room" with spare beds, chairs, etc piled up in it. The front desk staff seemed very incapable and annoyed about having to find us different rooms.-I am very concerned at the fact that we were in essence given the key to someone else's room. We did get the room problem fixed, and the rooms were clean - nothing great but clean. The pillows on the beds were just square "accent pillow size" and there was only a tissue-paper thin quilt/blanket on the beds. The heating system was very hard to regulate -the rooms were either cold or hot. Noise from the hall was bad, doors could be heard slamming all night.
The food for the banquet was horrible - salad awful, meat very tough and cold and vegetables were unidentifiable. The P.A. system in the room was not good and the room was overcrowded - probably over capacity.
All in all the only thing good was the enjoyable company of our co-attendees. Very unfortunate for the people receiving the awards that the venue was so poor.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank npmtravel
Amanda1777, Manager at Holiday Inn Utica, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
We regret that we did not provide the type of accommodations you expect as a traveler – my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused with your stay. We take your constructive feedback seriously, and will continue to focus on providing comfortable accommodations to all our future guests. Failing to meet guest’s expectations is not part of our culture, and is unacceptable by our standards.

We wish you all the best in your future travels, and hope you continue to find accommodations that better meet your needs.

Amanda
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

I traveled to New Hartford for school and stayed 4 nights. Check in was a breeze. The room was beautiful and had been recently remodeled. Extra large bathroom and the room was spotless! Super quiet and nice area next to a catholic high school. Conveniently located by the hospital and by route 5/12. No sidewalks in the area, which was a pain but not deterring. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Amanda1777, Manager at Holiday Inn Utica, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Thank you for taking a minute to express your satisfaction with the service and accommodations we offered you. Our spaciously appointed guestrooms and friendly service are hallmarks we strive to deliver every day, and we're thrilled you experienced what we enjoy doing – making our guests very happy.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

We enjoyed the quiet setting and the view overlooking playing field. If you enjoy baths, make sure that you ask if your room has one. We had an executive king suite with no tub. The shower spray was quite needles and pins to boot. Service in the restaurant was very friendly and the food was passable.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the playing fields have a nice view of the sunrise over the mountains. Make sure to ask...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for writing a review of your experience with us. We’re happy to read you enjoyed the service and accommodations we offer you.
Your business to our property are truly valued and much appreciated – thank you
Farmington, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

Restaurant service is very slow, food quality is average. Room was very humid despite air conditioning. The phone in the room did not work. They did not return my laundry same day as requested. Desk clerk lied about it and would not summon a manager upon request. I had to find one myself. Other than that it was OK. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Amanda1777, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Utica, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Please accept our sincere apologies for the condition of your guest room. Your experience is well below our standards and completely unacceptable. I will review the procedures with the appropriate departments and make sure we address all your concerns going forward.

We’re disappointed that we failed to meet and exceed your expectations, but are grateful you took the time to let us know where we need to improve for the next guest, and I can assure you we will.

Amanda Stanek
Front Office Manager

Travellers are raving about these New Hartford hotels

San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

I wish I could do a 3.5 rating because it didn't quite make it up to 4 in my opinion, but wasn't a 3 either....I decided to err on the positive side.

This is a pretty big hotel which seems to cater to events. I stayed in a King size room and the bed was very comfy with really nice bedding, good pillows, very clean and attractive looking. The bathroom had clearly been re-done with nice thick towels, nice counter tops and a sleek appearance. They did seem to forget to replace the bathroom door when they renovated which was very tired looking. Of minor note, the hairdryer had come off the wall mount (and I told the front desk so I'm assuming it will be fixed for the next guest).

I did not use the pool, but it looked nice. I did use the fitness room which had 2 of everything (treadmills, bikes, ellipticals) and was clean. Since I am a high points priority club member, I got a coupon for a free breakfast - there is a restaurant on site which is nothing fancy, but fine.

They had free wifi, but the service was pretty lousy. When I called the desk they were aware of the situation and were working on it.

In sum, it's clean and semi updated (not all areas) but a bit tired in some spots. For the right price, worth a stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Tarrytown, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn New Hartford during the first week of August for a yearly reunion that takes place in a different part of the state every year. We had such a great time. The rooms were cushy and clean. The catered event had yummy food and a great atmosphere. Chris in the Sales Office was incredibly helpful and very flexible with our ever-changing schedule of events and the front desk staff was great. Overall - this is top notch place with great service!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Hopewell Junction, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

First off, the girl at the front desk during my check-in acted as if I was inconveniencing her. Then, I get to my room & begin to notice a damp, musty smell. After some investigation, I noticed that mold had formed along the entire edge of the long wall, and that the wallpaper on the exterior wall had bubbled, as if water had accumulated. It was late and I was tired after a long trip, so I decided to stay the night. When discussions with some of my coworkers revealed that they were having the same experience with their rooms, I decided to just check out and stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Utica. Great move - if you're smart, you'll do the same!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Utica, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Dear AngSant64,

Red Roof Inn Utica
#4 of 13 in Utica
Radisson Hotel-Utica Centre
Fairfield Inn & Suites Utica

Been to Holiday Inn Utica? Share your experiences!