Hungry Ghost Guest House
Minnewaska Lodge(Gardiner)(Great Value!)
US$210
US$203
Hotels.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
All reviewsoutdoor showerrail trailb bupstairs bedroomwonderful hostsguest passesfine linensperfect escapepeaceful retreatguest roomscashew milkzucchini pancakesshared bathroomcan't imagine staying anywhere elsehouse is beautifulwarm hospitalitywooded property
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I fully agree with the many stellar reviews below. Petra and Mike are incredible souls whose house is a refuge of peace and well being. Their caring, intelligent and empathetic approach to all visitors makes them stand apart from all other bed and breakfasts I've experienced in my many travels. Worn out and emotionally raw from strenuous challenges, my partner and I found ourselves relaxing and releasing our tensions just being in this wonderful place. And we didn't even get a chance to enjoy the hot tub, which looks fantastic, or the famous pancakes (we overslept and had to leave in a hurry but they smelled delectable!). You will never regret going out of your way to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank flyermontana
ppetraj, Owner at Hungry Ghost Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

I will accept this as quite a complement as I remember you travel all over the world for work and play. I also know that you will be jumping out of planes this summer right here in the gorgeous Hudson Valley. Stop in to visit or stay. or both! p.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I'm going to use this review to thank Petra and Mike for the wonderful time we had at their place 3 weeks ago. Do yourselves a favor, stay with them, the house is awesome, they are really nice and genuine people. Besides the great time we had there (and the delicious breakfast and beautiful hot tub) they kindly sent my swimsuit back after I left it in the outdoors shower (which we recommend, specially at night).

We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BrooklynJose

Thank you for staying with us! and for reminding me how much I also love the outdoor shower at night. It is easy to take it for granted. hope we see you soon. P.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

This was my second stay at the Hungry Ghost with my fiance and this time another couple we traveled with stayed as well. Returning was like visiting family! Mike and Petra welcome people into their home so effortlessly. Their laid back energy/vibe is contagious and instantly puts us into vacation mode. As usual, they had perfect recommendations for food, sights, and directions. Petra's vegan breakfasts were perfect as always. This visit was a reminder that I will never stay anywhere else in the Gunks. The house and property are beautiful. Don't miss the outdoor shower! It's impossible to not love this place! The only bad part is leaving!

Room Tip: We have staid in both of the first floor rooms (1 and 2). Though 1 is larger, they are both equally comfortable and beautiful. You can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eartraveler
ppetraj, Owner at Hungry Ghost Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Seriously, your names are engraved in my brain, 'nough said. such fun. (sorry there was no wood to stack in July...)

Reviewed 29 June 2013

A week later and still we're relishing in our experience at the Hungry Ghost.

Thank you so much to Petra and Mike for sharing their space with the rest of the world. We considered the cost of our stay more of a "donation" as opposed to a fee. We were more than happy to the contribute to the financial upkeep and well being of this wonderful paradise conveniently located near NYC.

Petra and Mike gave us full access to their marvelous home when needed and graciously shared gracious their precious times with us with moments of great conversation and pleasant learning exchanges.

Oh and we were lucky enough to spend some time with their sweet grandson Jackson. Great basketball player that one.

Make the time to go and enjoy this secluded hideaway and their caretakers, you'll love it; we did.

Maria and Elie

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Eliezel_NY

What an enjoyable experience for us! getting to know you and share at the kitchen table was great... J. has been heard by his family as saying, "it's all about the buckets, dad." thanks. hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

My boyfriend and I wanted a quiet, overnight retreat in the country. This was the perfect place! Surrounded by woods, very quiet. Rooms were very comfortable. Vegan breakfast was delicious. Petra was extremely accommodating and helpful when we had questions about the town/activities. The outdoor shower was amazing. Definitely recommend to a friend!

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank MeggAndRobbie
ppetraj, Owner at Hungry Ghost Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

What fun having you visit. the enrgy that you brought with you was infectious. I am so glad you decided to try the outdoor shower: the look on your faces when you came back in was priceless. till the next time!