Americas Best Value Inn - New Paltz
Minnewaska Lodge(Gardiner)(Great Value!)
US$210
US$203
Travelocity
No availability for your dates from our partners
Priceline
All reviewscontinental breakfastclose to townyogurtroom was cleanthruway exithot showershort drivehudson valleywater pressurefree wifilobby areamini fridgewould stay here againny
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Sucks. Rooms smell with an overdose of Febreeze. Shower tub not drain. Bad vomit stains on desk chairs. Informing Bd of Health and Governor's office. A bad mistake, and local restaurant the Diner named College Hill or something like , had worst meal ever, not a pleasant stay in this area, disappointed in NY state.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We were traveling as state employees working on the weekend. I don't know what the issue was but first they had the number of people and nights wrong and wanted to charge us for an extra room. Once that was straightened out, they charged us $105 which was more then the price we were quoted over the phone, then hiked the rate even higher to $135/night for saturday night! Again we were there on business (with all proper forms and identification) working on the weekend and were quoted $98 on the phone, which is well below the government rate of $112/night. The woman I spoke to at the desk wouldn't budge on the rate and said they had no government rate and I had no option but to pay $135 I wanted to leave but since my coworker had already stayed there for a night and I was just checking in I didn't want to leave her and bail on the reservation she had made for me on her card. We talked to another clerk that evening who said he would adjust the rate to the gov. rate and we ended up being charged $122 for saturday night which is still above the government rate. A big pain in the bum and I had all the explaining to do when I got back to work to get reimbursed. I am extremely dissatisfied with the bait and switch rates. I would definitely not stay here again. The woman clerk especially, I felt was dishonest for telling me that they dont accept government rates, which seems to differ with what my friend was quoted on the phone and with the one clerk who said he would change the price. It seemed like she was out to get more money rather then to straighten out their mistake in the rate we were supposed to have gotten. When I told her I can't get reimbursed above that rate, she even argued with me that at least I would get reimbursed for most it. Bad experience, and super pricey for a super 8. If you stay here make sure you know who you are speaking to when you are quoted a rate over the phone, and check the rate for every night of your stay since the prices may change literally over night. If you are a nonprofit, contractor, or state or government traveler I would stay somewhere else that is government rate-friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank setophaga
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We love our mini-vacations in New Paltz; great restaurants, wonderful birding, wineries and hiking. Mid-range hotel choices are limited. Across the Hudson river in Poughkeepsie there are many more choices that allow for competitive pricing, better customer service and better accommodations. But this hotel is conveniently located to restaurants and activities in the area.

In September this hotel will be an American's Best Value hotel we were informed that this is a brand change not an ownership change.

We got a great off season AAA rate for a clean comfortable double bed room. The pillows and towels were so fluffy. We enjoyed a good night’s sleep, in the quiet room. Frig., microwave and basic accommodations, that you would expect from this chain. Bring a clip to keep the curtains closed.

The check in process was quick and the receptionist was friendly.

Just off the lobby is an inviting breakfast area that has delicious hot coffee/tea 24 hours a day and pay to play pool table. Breakfast is very basic continental, served 6AM and promptly ends at 9 AM.

Parking and WI-Fi are free. There is a guest computer this is roped off with a sign “Guest must sign in at front desk to use computer” REALLY!!! The computer is directly in front of the receptionist. Pay to use guest laundry and vending machines are available. Small fitness room.

Check out the beautiful scenic photos in the lobby of nearby nature settings. This adds a warm, uniquely New Paltz feel to the bland super 8 brand.

New Paltz needs more moderately/low priced hotels, but this is the best in the area for value and location.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor if mobility is an issue.