“Good choice”

Americas Best Value Inn - New Paltz
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in New Paltz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I ll be appriciate to all the srvices. It was amazing trip to stay in this hotel. I will honour request to all visitors. Please come and enjoy on the cheaper rates stay here.you will finally be happy to stay here.this is located on a very good place. I think it is totally 100 percentage
To stay here.

• Stayed February 2014
Kerhonkson, New York
Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you need a clean place to stay and have a tighter budget, then I recommend this Super 8. I believe it was ranked #1 out of all Super 8 Motels at one point. The staff is helpful and the place is always clean. It seems to be booked often, so making a reservation in advance is probably a good idea.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
clinton, nj
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Sucks. Rooms smell with an overdose of Febreeze. Shower tub not drain. Bad vomit stains on desk chairs. Informing Bd of Health and Governor's office. A bad mistake, and local restaurant the Diner named College Hill or something like , had worst meal ever, not a pleasant stay in this area, disappointed in NY state.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Valatie, New York
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We were traveling as state employees working on the weekend. I don't know what the issue was but first they had the number of people and nights wrong and wanted to charge us for an extra room. Once that was straightened out, they charged us $105 which was more then the price we were quoted over the phone, then hiked the rate even higher to $135/night for saturday night! Again we were there on business (with all proper forms and identification) working on the weekend and were quoted $98 on the phone, which is well below the government rate of $112/night. The woman I spoke to at the desk wouldn't budge on the rate and said they had no government rate and I had no option but to pay $135 I wanted to leave but since my coworker had already stayed there for a night and I was just checking in I didn't want to leave her and bail on the reservation she had made for me on her card. We talked to another clerk that evening who said he would adjust the rate to the gov. rate and we ended up being charged $122 for saturday night which is still above the government rate. A big pain in the bum and I had all the explaining to do when I got back to work to get reimbursed. I am extremely dissatisfied with the bait and switch rates. I would definitely not stay here again. The woman clerk especially, I felt was dishonest for telling me that they dont accept government rates, which seems to differ with what my friend was quoted on the phone and with the one clerk who said he would change the price. It seemed like she was out to get more money rather then to straighten out their mistake in the rate we were supposed to have gotten. When I told her I can't get reimbursed above that rate, she even argued with me that at least I would get reimbursed for most it. Bad experience, and super pricey for a super 8. If you stay here make sure you know who you are speaking to when you are quoted a rate over the phone, and check the rate for every night of your stay since the prices may change literally over night. If you are a nonprofit, contractor, or state or government traveler I would stay somewhere else that is government rate-friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
#2 of 5 in Highland
Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie
Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie
Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites At The Falls

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - New Paltz? Share your experiences!