“Great sushi”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 December 2013

sat at the bar-which we normally love to do to interact with the sushi chefs but it seamed like they did not want to talk to us at all.
had to go through the waitress to order everything
great spicey mayo
allowed us to substitiute things
fish was very fresh we were very satisfied
went back again for more sushi and sake
the only thing negative was the tuna was slightly fishy

1  Thank melissa s

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I used to LOVE this restaurant. We had moved out of the area and I couldn't wait to get sushi there when we came up for a visit. What a disappointment! Service was the worst ever. My son did not receive his food until we were all done with ours. Our drinks were never refilled unless we requested it. The worse thing, and this has never happened to me in any restaurant, was that my son was asked to vacate the table. There were 6 of us, we had a reservation and we were not there a very long amount of time. They had pushed two tables together so we could all sit together. After we got the bill I was trying to figure out the tip. My daughter in law had left to go outside with the kids so my son was left sitting at that half of the tables alone but was right next to us while I was figuring out the tip. They came over to my son and asked him if they could have the table and before he could even get up they started moving it. What horrible customer service especially after we spent $160 there!
Now about the food. So disappointing! I ordered my two favorites that I always used to get there, the spider roll and the green dragon. Spider roll was no were as good as it used to be and it was smaller. My dragon roll had almost no eel in it. It was just a roll with tons of avocado and was not good at all. A tiny piece of eel in the middle mixed with some more avocado.
We will not be returning to this once fantastic restaurant.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

I love this little place--great fresh sushi and excellent value. I particularly recommend the delicious clear mushroom soup, and try the oshingo (Japanese pickles) appetizer--a huge assortment of really interesting and delicious pickles! My boyfriend got a lovely little crab salad appetizer in half an avocado--scrumptious. Very charming atmosphere, polite servers, great experience overall. There's no other place in New Paltz I would rather eat!

2  Thank flyermontana
Reviewed 18 June 2013

This cute little Japanese restaurant had outdoor seating which was pleasant on this early evening in June. The sesame noodles had a good taste but were a little gummy. The squid salad was fresh and flavorful. The sushi rolls were average. The service was pleasant and attentive.

1  Thank Holly R
Reviewed 14 June 2013

We had to sit outside on a not very warm day because the place was full of happy eaters (as other reviewers have noted). So if you want to sit inside to enjoy the very good food, be sure to leave plenty of time because others may have the same idea at the same time.