“Bought three pieces”

DM Weil Gallery
Ranked #1 of 23 things to do in New Paltz
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Available to view Mon - Thurs by appointment. Please call the gallery. At over 3,000 square feet, DM Weil Gallery may be one of the largest modern art galleries in New York's Hudson Valley. Just a short drive from the center of picturesque New Paltz, DM Weil Gallery offers the look and vibe of an exclusive Soho style exhibition space, but with the majestic Shawangunk mountains as a backdrop. The eye-popping abstract creations of acclaimed painter DM Weil -- has been praised by critics and collectors alike, the gallery's mission statement remains, "Why Can't Fine Art Be Fun?".
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

I was never a big fan of modern art. I am probably still not. But I ended up buying three pieces here. I think that art touches everyone differently. I actually made enough of a connection with a piece at this gallery, I had to walk out with it (a repro anyway). The pieces are creatively enough titled that you spend some time finding the title in the art, and you find it. The owners are a lovely and talented couple and my wife and I truly enjoyed our visit with them. For those of you who, like me, find modern art a little weird, check this gallery out. I think it's eclectic enough to have something for everyone. I'm proof of that.

All reviews
in 43 reviews
"donna"
in 63 reviews

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Loved visiting this place! Diane was super friendly and wonderful. I loved hearing her talk about her art and really found her pieces interesting. Bought a few prints to start but I love discovering artists like this in such quaint places like this. I want to be in touch and see how her pieces evolve
Over time. Loved this little gallery.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

So glad we were able to visit the gallery during our trip! To be honest, I was drawn first by the complimentary wine/espresso, but the experience itself exceeded my expectation.

We received a warm welcome from Donna's business partner Ken when we arrived on a quiet Sunday morning - he gave us a quick tour of the gallery, showed us the print machine that can reproduce artworks on canvas, and took us to see Donna's art studio. It is not everyday you can be inside an artist's work space to witness all the creativity! As an added bonus, we saw two young deers nippling at the grass outside the studio..

Donna's paintings were very colorful and each piece has an interesting story behind. The gallery was very spacious and you can really take your time to soak in the art work with a glass of wine!

Highly recommended for anyone visiting New Paltz.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

We stopped in on a Saturday afternoon and were well received. Ken was a gracious host explaining the gallery concept. We entered the original art gallery and were invited to take our time and enjoy the art! We throughly enjoyed every minute there.
The gallery is certainly a place well worth a visit for anyone.