“Disgusting Experience (From the people to the environment)”

Rodeway Inn and Suites
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in New Paltz
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My party stayed for one night. This was the worse night I've ever spent at a hotel/motel. Rude staff at the front desk, musty, hot, dated and uncomfortable rooms. When asked for 2 extra pillows, staff said "we don't have extra pillows"- no joke! When asked for a roll away cot- staff responded "we don't have those here". Breakfast is 3 brands of cereal and milk. Not worth the ridiculous amount you'll pay for an old run-down motel. Spend an extra $20 and get a much better stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: No room is a good room here.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bobby H

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We reserved a room here, because it was close to a wedding we were to attend, and the rate was comparable to others nearby. We were sorely disappointed. At $110, we expected a lot more. The first thing we noticed was a terribly stained boxspring (gross)...didn't dare pull back the sheet to look at the mattress. One of the two beds had holes in the comforter and the blanket. We found trash between the same blanket and mattress. There were dead insects on the full-length mirror and nearby walls (someone had clearly smashed/killed them), and neither they nor housekeeping had bothered to clean them up. I counted at least 10. The 'complimentary breakfast' was very disappointing (coffee, cereal, minidonuts and minimuffins (pre-packaged-type).....that's it....no juice or fresh fruit. We paid for a real breakfast at a nearby diner. We would not recommend this to anyone, and we will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid this motel!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank lester47273
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I'll leave it to the other horrible reviews. I could certainly add more "disgustingness", but why bother. My strong warning STAY AWAY! What's really sad is any concerns and or complaints are met with nastiness and sarcasm from the front desk. It truly felt like a bizarre, "is this really happening moment"?
Lastly, one might not expect much from a 2 star (booking.com) Inn, but there was not much to choose from in the New Paltz area for this one night. STAY AWAY, far, far, away!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Very overpriced but an ok stay. We arrived very late and left very early. Room was clean and comfortable. Security door didn't lock. Hall smelled a bit musty. Breakfast was cold cereal, cardboard bagels and very bitter coffee.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank songbird1329
Reviewed 21 February 2013

its been about a year since I've stayed. rooms were ok but needs improvement. they say they have tractor trailer parking.(not so) that's if no one else is there. a friendly staff . but just didn't suit me.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 January 2013

I am a frequent traveller with experience spanning from Motel 6 to St Regis and when I chose to stay in this tiny town to get my daughter to college there, I had to go budget. I got a $45 AAA rate and expected it to be unrenovated but didnt expect the problems I had.....WHOA! 1st nite...loud guys smoking dope in next room...(had to change room). 2nd nite, new room shower won't drain..standing in 6 inches of dirty water that stinks like a sewer (changed rooms again). 3rd nite.....pulled covers back and found long black hairs all in the sheets so asked for some clean ones and changed them myself... (I am not lugging all my crap to a 4th room). 4th nite...I'm informed to extend my stay another day, it would be $70...for this place? WOW..! So stuck here another nite. In addition to all this, the security door doesn't lock so anyone can come in, all the TV's had problems and none of the rooms I had decent shower heads. It's no wonder there were hardly any guests at the property.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tracey B
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Can someplace be as bad as described, Yes it can.
The inn was full this weekend because of Hurricane Sandy, I got the one room let with a single bed because @ $ 131 a night the electricians and tree crews were not paying that rate solo or doubled up in a king bed. I however had to pay the full rip off rate for my stay.
I have low expectation and the Inn strove to under preform even those. The room smelled, the bed was mushy, the diverter in the tub was poor. I can overlook many thing if I get a good shower. The room had the look of inattentiveness.
Do not stay here for over $70 a night and then think about spending more else where. Check the tub, bad shower switch rooms.
Yes, breakfast was cereal, muffins and hostess donuts, whole milk from the gallon bottle, an empty OJ bottle and what was passed off as coffee from the wheezing, gurgling machine.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Days Inn Poughkeepsie
#6 of 13 in Poughkeepsie
Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie
Americas Best Value Inn - New Paltz

Been to Rodeway Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!