“cant make a tasty burger”

McGillicuddy's Restaurant & Tap House
Ranked #49 of 99 Restaurants in New Paltz
Cuisines: American, Irish
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Florida
“cant make a tasty burger”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I had forgotten that I had tried this restaurant before, ( for same reason, PG's across the street was too busy ) as soon as I ordered it all came back to me and I was hoping that THIS TIME, maybe they could make a burger. NOPE.
this is the 4th chance between my friends and myself. absolutely zero taste, just tons of calories . one incredibly skimpy piece of chedder cheese on top added color instead of flavor..Again, the large burger came on a crazy big 10,000 calorie soft roll the grilled mushrooms were good The burger orderd med rare, and specifically asked for pink inside , was not. My sister took one bite of her burger platter , one bite of baked potate ( under cooked) and left the entire platter there. ( $ 9) Two barely edible burger platters , 1 ice tea ..$ 24 with tax.
The server , friendly and courteous.. however brought the food without silverware. Perhaps because the happy noisy college crowd here is the target ?..I don't know. when I was in College, I used a fork.

(BTW If my review saves you from ordering a burger here or sends you to PGs for a much better all around experience, give me a helpful vote)

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Katya m

New York
“Very average with average food...”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We were exploring New Paltz and decided to check out this place. We went in around 5:30 on Friday afternoon and the place had some barfly's at the bar and just a couple of diners at tables. It is a large place so everyone kind of gets lost. It also had a funky smell of some sort of cleaning agent, bleach or something like that. Out waiter Drew was very nice and accomodating. The food was very marginal eventhough I just had chicken tenders and their Irish Potato Soup. When I asked Drew if it was good, he said yes, but I could tell from the way he responded that he probably didn't really care for it. Yes, it was marginal and I expected more from an Irish establishment. My son had fish and chips and it was heavily beer battered that was covering up not so fresh fish. Husband had a reuben that was stacked high and smothered in cheese and onions. He said it was "ok". To him ok means just so so. So all in all nothing to rave about. Just very AVERAGE. No good surprises here.

• Visited July 2013
NY
“Great wings”
Reviewed 18 May 2013 via mobile

Ive been going to Cuddys for years with family & friends & have for the most part always have left satisfied. The wings are in my opinion possibly the best in the Hudson Valley. Dinners are also good & very reasonably priced. During the day & early evening hours it's a good place to bring your family. Later it's a good bar to go to for a night out. One thing I wish they would add is a drink menu (besides the fishbowl drinks). A menu of different specialty drinks like a few other establishments in town offer. No complaints from me, I like this place & will continue to go often.

Visited May 2013
Albany, New York
“Bar Food in a Bar”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I've eaten at McGillicuddy's a number of times, always by choice of the company I'm with; it's your average bar with your average bar food, your typical "wing night" and "taco night". It's not bad enough that I'd protest going there, but it's not good enough that I'd ever suggest going there. Dark wood atmosphere, and the restaurant thins out into the late night to become a nightclub; it's the New Paltz version of Mahoney's in Poughkeepsie, but Mahoney's is bigger and may have marginally better food.

Not necessarily the best management or staff there....I was there once for dinner and slipped on a puddle of water right in front of our table, but I didn't fall. I told the wait staff about it, and she acknowledged it (and slipped on it herself), but at no time while I was there did anyone come out to mop the area or put up signage, and it wasn't so busy that no one could have taken the time to address it.

• Visited July 2012
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
“ok bar food”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

This place reminded us as a typical sports bar restaurant. A nice place to go and relax & have a drink, watch a game on one of the various TV’s throughout the restaurant. The food was just ok bar food. It’s not a place to take a family out for dinner. Overall, it was just ok.

• Visited May 2013