“Love to go there”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Whenever my husband and I spend the weekend in New Paltz, Rock and Rye Tavern is one of our favorite places to go to. It has a wonderfully inventive menu, serving everyone from carnivores to vegans. At times when I didn't feel like eating a heavy mean, I was pleasanty surprised by the vegan selections and felt fully satisfied. Their vegan chocolate mouse is the die for. My husband always loved the steaks and they are cooked to perfection.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

The building oozes history. The staff is genuine and so very welcoming. Owner Cassie's special interest is in vintage cocktail-mixing, and she fine tunes each recipe to the point of sublime! This is a go-to place for meals and celebrations. Food, ambience, and special attention from staff raise this rating to six stars! ●●●●●●

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Best soft shell crab I have ever had. Husband enjoyed a delicious 16 oz. steak. Dessert was a pie made with bacon, chocolate and burbon. Very personal service. Outstanding beer, wine and cocktail selection. One of our favorite restaurants.

1  Thank Helen G
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My trip to Rock and Rye Tavern was excellent! From the oysters to the short ribs, everything was delicious. They had the most extensive cocktail menu i've ever seen. Sitting next to the fire place enjoying a great cocktail and dinner, it doesn't get better than that. I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

The atmosphere looks warm & inviting when you first walk in. After we were seated, the room was actually very cold and drafty considering there was a fireplace. The fireplace was untended. We were freezing within an hour. Food is overpriced and the menu is limited. The steak special was tough to cut and chew and there was nothing "special" about it at all! I had to discretely spit out unedible chunks. Service was ok but I've had much better. Waitress did not deserve the 20% tip. I will not recommend nor will I ever return.