“Perfect for the right people...”

Inn at Orchard Heights
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Paltz
Inn at Orchard Heights
Ranked #7 of 8 New Paltz B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 August 2009

We stayed two nights....there is honestly nothing negative about this b&b although I probably wouldn't stay there again. It is very charming but doesn't have the amenities offered at other b&b's in the area but it's far cheaper and pretty resonable. The house seems authenticly antique and you get the feeling that a wonderful family lives there. Unfortunately, the family pets seem to have full range of the house so if you're allergic, be care. Like I said although I wouldn't recommend it, there aren't many negative things to say. If you need a reasonably priced b&b and some home cooking with no frills then this is for you.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tadam_NY

Reviewed 21 November 2008

I arrived in New Paltz as a first-time visitor in September, and the B-and-B I had booked somewhere else was a disaster. Desperate to find a place for the next night and succeeding nights - I needed accomodation for two weeks - I used the wi-fi connection at the Muddy Cup coffeehouse on Main Street to check the New Paltz Chamber of Commerce webiste listings and spotted the Inn... right in town, near the bus-station to New York, no car required.

I phoned, walked over to check it out - a block off the main street, but quiet on its hillside - took the first room Janet showed me... and stayed for more than two weeks. These are good people, the house is what a Victorian-era guest house should be, the breakfasts are a perfect start to the day. I stayed in three different rooms during the two weeks, including one with a small balcony, and the rooms - and beds - were all comfortable.

Not only would I go back to this place, I WILL be going back, in 2009. Not only is New Paltz a really interesting university town, but taking the bus into New York - and returning - daily is a viable way to spend days in New York without New York hotel prices... if you need a room in New Paltz, check this place out, and say hello to Janet and Darryl for me...

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 2 September 2006

When we arrived at our room, we found that Janet and Darryl had been kind enough to leave the air on for us. This room--the Tiara room--was smaller than the pictures on the website had led us to believe, and while this was not really an issue for us (we had our own bathroom, after all) quite a few of the other rooms we saw (their names escape us at the moment) were substantially bigger.

The homemade breakfast was particularly good, with fresh fruit, preserves, and yummy pancakes and omelets made to order. The dog, Rosie, is arguably the calmest dog you will ever meet. The location of the inn is rather secluded, but it is within easy walking distance of Main Street and the bus terminal.

Stayed: August 2006
2  Thank turducken
A TripAdvisor Member
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed 7 November 2004

My husband and I have been here 3 times, and each time has been special and wonderful. Hosts Janet and Darryl are wonderful people; and their respect for the Inn and the guests makes the guests feel comfortable, at home, and respectful as well. Very conveniently located to the bus terminal (no need to drive!), and the town center, hiking trails, etc. the highlight of the stay is definitely BREAKFAST!!! Janet and Darryl fill you up to the brim with all kinds of scrumptious homecooked goodies. I could go into details, but let's just put it this way. Every time we go here, we wake up, eat breakfast, and then go back upstairs for a couple hours of food coma induced napping.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member