“Everyone loves the Bakery!”
Review of The Bakery

The Bakery
Ranked #2 of 3 Bakeries in New Paltz
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
New Paltz, New York
“Everyone loves the Bakery!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I love everything about the Bakery. They offer great vegetarian options for lunch, tempting desserts, beautifully made cookies & desserts. The seating area in the back is always pretty, but it can get a bit crowded. Early and late hours, great prices, and great food. You can't go wrong!

• Visited May 2014

Brooklyn, New York
“Chill and inviting”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Great tea and coffee selection available, service was friendly. They've got nice outdoor seating for when the weather's warm, the upstairs could use a bit of love though--

Our first visit was for afternoon tea and the cookies were a bit dry, but it was very late in the day (to be fair). The next day we dropped by for a noontime breakfast to find that they stopped serving egg sandwiches at 11am. We switched gears and wound up with the best BLT one could ask for - crisp bacon, nice lettuce and fresh tomato on a croissant. Deelish!

• Visited April 2014
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Expected a bit more”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

On our way to the Adirondacks we stopped in New Paltz for lunch. I did the research and decided to try "The Bakery". On the positive side....My wife and I ordered sandwich wraps (tuna salad & chicken salad). Both were tasty and very big...a good value overall. Nothing special or unusual though. I ordered a side of cole slaw...only fair. What surprised me the most was the bakery items...very typical and again, nothing special. To end on a positive note....The servers were friendly and helpful and the service was quick.

• Visited January 2014
Florida
“Not The Same Great Bakery As It Was”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I began going to this bakery many years ago when it was just a tiny little place. The cakes and baked good were always out of this world and this was one of my favorite places in New Paltz. At first when they expanded and had regular food there the baked good were still pretty good with a wide variety. I moved from the area and hadn't been back to The Bakery for a few years. We went on our last trip up and what a disappointment. Not as many baked good choices but more variety of regular food. My sandwich wasn't bad but the two baked items I got were pretty dry. Bottom line is, they should have stuck with what they did best and focused on that instead of branching out to regular food. If I want regular food I'd go to a restaurant. When I go there I expect delicious treats which is not what we got.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank WDubin
Gardiner, New York
“Yummy!”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This is a neighborhood bakery that has been around for a long, long time. I frequent it often for their baked goods that can't be beat, rather than for their foods. They do serve breakfasts and lunches that include many fresh choices. They also have an extensive selection of coffees and teas.

• Visited October 2013