“When in New Paltz” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
“When in New Paltz”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

A friend asked had I gone there yet & I was like no. So we hooked up & went 4 dinner. We had the beef pastries 4 an appetizer & they were so good (wanted more) I had the chicken Vandalia. The taste was phenomenal. He had a beef dish that he loved. The bread was the extra piece 2 finish off the meal. The marsala chia was so sweet.

• Visited May 2013

Woodside
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Better than expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

It was our fist time in this restaurant and being an Indian, I was not sure if food will be good so we ordered only one dish. That one surprized us and we ended up ordering for another full dish. Food was good and enogh to share. Ambien was not so good being dark but service was good. Will try again when we visit New Patlz.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SidNag
New Paltz
“Beware”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

I've eaten here or had take out from here many times. This, as they say, is the definition of insanity. Been sick twice... Last night (Thurs.) got take out. Food was unbelievably bad...OLD! Almost certainly from their Tues. eve. buffet which nobody goes to. $45 for three TERRIBLE dishes. We threw most of it out. Called the owner and asked if it was made fresh. Assured me it was, but offered to cook it for me again!?!? In the middle of the night while I was sleeping, threw up in my mouth....really, not kidding.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank NewPaltzMss
New Paltz, New York, United States
“The name may not be inspired but the cooking surely is”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

About as good as it gets, and I am a big lover of Indian cuisine. Often times when I find myself in NYC I look for Indian restaurants thinking I will get something more authentic or better-- and find myself wishing I was back on N. Manheim in New Paltz dining here. You can't go wrong with anything on the menu, and while the prices are a bit high, you are paying for quality. Definitely recommend checking out the Tuesday buffet.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Nice surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

Visiting New Paltz on St Patty's Day we decided on Indian instead of corned beef and cabbage! Picked this restaurant on a whim and it was very good.