“Local favorite”

Ranked #14 of 101 Restaurants in New Paltz
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

We usually eat here if we want an affordable meal that is tasty. We order from the bar menu which is cheaper with similar items on their regular menu. I enjoyed their tacos and burgers are great. The best feature is their beer selection. They offer hundreds of beers and a bunch of craft beers on tap. They have a upstairs dining room but we usually eat downstairs near the bar. One of the better bar restaurants.

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Went in for dinner on a Friday evening. Beat the crowd arrived early. Waitress was amazing. She knew the beer & menu items. Had a nice meal. Would go back. Reasonably price as well.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Stopped in Bacchus for lunch while on a day trip looking for property and had a wonderful meal. First, the service was on point and attentive; the atmosphere was relaxing and kicked back, and lastly the food was amazing. I had the southwestern egg rolls and the chimichanga and the spice and flavors were delicious and the portion size was large enough to feed two people.
Definitely coming back to check out the evening scene.

If in New Paltz swing by Bacchus for some local flavor.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I had known about this place for awhile and was curious to try it just because of their advertised over 400 craft beers. So one day I was in New Paltz with two friends and we decided to check it out. Little did we know it was going to become one of our favorite places. One of my friends started reading the specials out loud, and as he was reading the description of the surf and turf, my and my other friend's jaws just dropped open. I don't remember what it entailed but the combination of ingredients sounded so amazing we both knew we had to get it. As it turned out, it exceeded our expectations. And everything I have had here since has been either very good or excellent, whether it's a complex dish with unique ingredient combinations, or something simple like a hamburger, everything here is always delicious. Perfectly cooked vegetables, mashed potatoes to die for... and on top of all this, they have a good rotating selection of draught beers and a very big selection of bottles. I could say perhaps that they don't have as many rarer beers as I would like to see, but nevertheless it's a great place to drink beer. The bottles as I recall are mainly all things I know where to buy in stores, so I pretty much just stick to the draughts. I highly recommend this place to anyone who likes good food and good beer; I can't imagine anyone being disappointed.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stopped in for a late afternoon beer and a snack. The beer menu is probably the most extensive we have ever seen. Talk about selection. You cannot beat the tap beers. Try the "nasty nachos". You can have a ton of toppings. They are a meal for 2!!