“No visit to New Paltz is complete without stopping in here!”
Review of P & G's

P & G's
Ranked #4 of 99 Restaurants in New Paltz
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours
NYC
“No visit to New Paltz is complete without stopping in here!”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

At least that's what everyone says!
School was out and it was a Wednesday night, so the place wasn't crazy at all. Still there were a wide variety of people and characters that dropped in. A very comfortable divey sort of roadhouse/pub atmosphere working here. Friendly and good service. Average food.
New England Clam Chowder was pretty tasty. Fried Calamari was a tad overcooked and therefore tough. Fried clams were of the frozen food kind. Turkey burger was fresh ground but a bit dry. The batterless fried spanish onions were delicious! Home brewed ice tea was great as well as the Laguanita IPA. Didn't have room for dessert. Next time I'll try the ribs.

• Visited June 2013

NY
“Asked to vacate the table because they had a large group to seat.”
Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

Ok, I've been a customer of P&G's for about 30 years. The food is reasonably priced & usually good, no complaints in that area. The menu offers something for everyone. Was there Thursday evening with two others, we sat, ordered dinner & were served pretty fast. We were asked if we wanted dessert & we asked for a minute to decide. Server comes back, we decline dessert, she hands us our bill. We are finishing our drinks & the hostess comes to our table & tells us we have to vacate the table because they need to sit a large group in the back where we were sitting. Seriously???? You have got to be kidding me!!! We weren't even there an hour when we were asked to leave, not even asked to move to the bar & finish our drinks there. The issue could have been
handled in a tactful way but no, the way this girl delivered the message was pretty bad. I won't be going back anytime soon & I do hope management reads this. As a business owner in this area for 25 years, I would remove somebody from my payroll if they ever represented my business in this way.

Florida
“Reliable”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

well.... I wish there was a button between average and very good.. In truth, I enjoy coming here.. but very good.. hmmm not sure..
What I like. It is casual, has sloppy bar food and some more serious choices.. It isn't expensive,( but like anywhere else it an add up...)
while I was waiting I had a real black russian.. not the junk many places serve.. the service was lightening, maybe too fast.. and they all share, this one asked me this, that one asked me that.. so there was no waiting for anything. except the table of course. I had french onion soup, yummy and full of calories. a burger with sweet potatoe fries somewhat overdone.. and the half a burger taken home was even better the next day.. People were in a good mood and it is upbeat and I[d eat here again. parking was across the street in a lot that was free at night..

• Visited May 2013
“Customer service and attitude terrible!”
Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

Came over from England for my cousins Graduation and she recommended we went to this place on the night out.
They did a deal of a tower of beer for $6. I had my money taken by what looked to be the owner...took the money and gave the orders....and then handed back to me straight away as he was too buy to realise I was trying too buy a tower and said I had given him too much..too busy to check my money which will now lose him custom!

Visited May 2013
Shokan, New York
“Good, Good, Good”
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Since this is a college town, this restaurant and bar is always busy, but, rarely a wait for a table. Staff - excellent and attentive, food - wide variety and very, very good, great atmosphere - even for "old folks", like me.

• Visited May 2013

Been to P & G's? Share your experiences!