“For 30+ years, you can't beat the value of P&G's”
Review of P & G's

P & G's
Ranked #4 of 100 Restaurants in New Paltz
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 29 October 2013

As a student at New Paltz in the 70's to my recent visits, this is the quintessential New Paltz hang out. When I was going to school, the highlight for P&G's were two things. $1 pitchers of beer, don't know what kind, nor did I care as it did the job, and the most amazing chili I had ever had.

35 years later, I still come back for the best chili and although the beers have rose in price, the combination of the two takes me back in time. P&G's has an entire new menu the last few years, and although Chili with a sweet buttered role is still on the menu, their burgers are out of this world delicious. Zuchini fries are wonderful, along with most everything that I or my family or friends have ordered.

It's truly a deja vu feeling to close my eyes when I visit this place like I did a few weeks ago, and it's like time stood still. Although they have expanded the rooms, and the menu, they have not lost the charm that has made this place a great memory of my past.

There are newer reviews for P & G's

Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

50 years ago beer and fries!! Returned back home wow what a surprise ! More room and really good food for a bar atmosphere!! Really!! Bartenders rock! Really funny to watch the changing of the guard after 9:00pm . Now I'm the old timer looking at the "kids" how funny! They should only know guys like us paved the way for them ! Don't miss a cold shot of patron! And a great food! And old friends !!
Vinny approved!!!!

Reviewed 3 August 2013

I had a caesar salad which turned out to be just romaine lettuce, dressing, and croutons. I imagine the dressing was from a jar and the croutons from a box. The crab cakes were quite bland. My daughter had a soft shell crab sandwich which she liked a lot.

THe service was a tad slow. The place had a fun atmosphere. I would not rush back to this place--I think there are a lot more interesting options in New Paltz.

1  Thank Lisa F
Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

Came here on July 4th and not many other establishments in town were open...hence this was not our first choice. So with expectations low, we were very impressed with the variety on the menu, the quality of the food and the great service. Not too pricey either. I had the vegetable stir fry. Yummy!!!! And I am very fussy!

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Typical pub ambiance and somewhat noisy but I had a seafood salad that was light, tasty and hit the spot. A pleasant surprise ...
Service was friendly and prompt.