“Innovative and Delicious” 4 of 5 bubbles

Village TeaRoom
Ranked #1 of 8 Dessert in New Paltz
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Ohio
“Innovative and Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

We dined here on our one night in New Paltz, recommended by our innkeeper. The meal was tasty, wine list more than adequate, service very good, and desserts out of this world. We appreciated the farm to table aspect of this place and all the ingredients were in good hands. Only down side to our meal was a very loud and unhappy patron behind us whose voice invaded the small, intimate atmosphere of the place. The staff (including the manager) did its best to make her happy, and we tried not to let her mood affect ours. We had nothing to complain about ourselves and enjoyed our meal.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

New Paltz, New York
“My Happy Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

Village Tea Room is one of the nicest place to spend a couple of hours. Delicious slow cooked local fare. Delicious drinks and tea. Love sitting out on the deck in nice weather. Lunch time favorites include the grilled cheese sandwich and the corn chowder. My happy place! The shaker lemon pie is to die for.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Josie E
Brooklyn, New York
“A Pot of Earl Grey , Good Conversation and some of the Best Pie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

After enjoying a nice lunch at Bacchus and spending time exploring New Paltz a friend and I made our way over for special dessert. A charming farmhouse converted into a tea room; we shared a delicious pot of earl grey, a slice of honeybee cake and Shaker lemon pie. The pie is the original tart lemon with rind and curd served with clotted cream which brought a balance of sweet to the tart, and the Honeybee was dense, moist and full of flavor.
Service is a tad slow but overlook it for the atmosphere and quality baked goods.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank John_Michael_56
Edison, NJ
“Terrible; Terrible what a scam - The High tea disaster”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

I had such high hopes for this place when a friend of mine said that the high tea was enjoyable. It was not only the most expensive on the Menu, but also the Worst, even my dog refused to eat the leftover I took home.

Firsly we were a group of 5 people and a child who decided to try the High tea, it was approx 20+ US$ per high tea order. We ordered 2 and hald high teas, we picked a variety of tea and every one of them was a disaster! I lucked out as I picked some Indian flavoured tea that was a milky mess but far better the the crap that my friend and wife shared. It did not end there.... then cam the crappy old sandwiches and scone, Oh GOD I took one bite into the scone and it tasted worse than a Dog buscuite ... I almost threw up right there, I knew right away that they had scammed us.....

I could not continue the torture, I paud up almost 90 US$ with a huge hole in my wallet and went searching for a decent tea/coffe shop on mainstreet..

Avoid this place like the Plague.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Springfield, New Jersey
“I Will Return”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Good food and service, mature atmosphere difficult to find in this dense college town center, and on site parking.

I would have upgraded the rating had the more expensive ingredients not been so sparsely included in my sandwitch.

Visited August 2013