We got a last minute July 4th weekend reservation at this B+B, for a last minute get away. As parents of a 4 year old, we couldn't wait to just relax for a few days. The place itself is very well maintained (the common area has a nice living room with books/dvd that you can borrow), lots of outdoor areas to sit and relax and outdoor trails to explore. It was too hot to go in the sauna that weekend, but I think fall/winter would be a neat place to try out. We stayed in the Katherine Hepburn themed room which had plenty of space for us, a nice seating sofa which reclinable foot rest (my husband loved that) to watch the flat screen TV, in-room fridge with water (which was also nice to store left overs) and with the comfiest king sized bed I have slept in. It is true we are sleep deprived which also helps, but I had a daily 2 to 3 hours afternoon siesta and a 8 hour evening sleep and I was totally out both times. My husband and I are looking to buy the same mattress when we upgrade to a new bed the next time. The bathroom had a nice jet tub, although I didn't get to try it this time. The place overall is very well maintained and breakfast was delicious. They also have a fridge with water and sodas which all guest can use (which was nice in the hot weekend we stayed in ) and there is a daily afternoon baked treat and fruits along with coffee/tea which one can help oneself to. Would definitely come back here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Five luxury suites feature private bathrooms with whirlpool tubs, electric fireplaces, cable TV and WIFI. Enjoy creative and healthy breakfasts in the dining room overlooking our certified backyard wildlife habitat. Stroll around our 3 acres of our nature preserve and gardens, including a labyrinth overlooking the Shawangunk Mountains. We're a mile from the heart of the village of New Paltz, with charming shops and wonderful restaurants that cater to a variety of dining preferences. Just minutes from hiking, historic sites and wine trails, you can be on-the-go day and night.. or you can simply settle into the cozy comforts of the casual luxury that you'll find at the Moondance Ridge B&B. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Moondance Ridge Hotel New Paltz
- Moondance Ridge Bed And Breakfast
- Moondance Ridge Bed & Breakfast New York/New Paltz