I went to the Moondance Ridge Bed and Breakfast to celebrate my birthday, I just got back this morning.
It was one of the most delightful experiences I've had in several years. I stay in many hotels because of work obligations.
I stayed in the Starry Night Room. It was immaculate. It has a tv/dvd player, a fire place (not real but still nice), and a whirlpool tub. The linens were excellant, so soft and clean that I didn't feel a need to use the linens I brought with me (due to a 20/20 episode I saw years ago). The bed was a pillow top king size canopy bed and felt absolutely luxurious.
The inn keepers are quite friendly and accomodating, even giving me a birthday gift and leaving muffins out for me because I had to leave before breakfast was served.
It is located on a nature preserve and has a wonderful labrynth that they encouraged me to walk through.
My only complaint would be that I wanted to bring my meals in my room and it was not permitted. I also wanted to burn candles while taking a bath, also not permitted. But other than those small inconveniences I enjoyed my stay and will absolutely be back next year.
It was more than worth the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Five luxury suites feature private bathrooms with whirlpool tubs, electric fireplaces, cable TV and WIFI. Enjoy creative and healthy breakfasts in the dining room overlooking our certified backyard wildlife habitat. Stroll around our 3 acres of our nature preserve and gardens, including a labyrinth overlooking the Shawangunk Mountains. We're a mile from the heart of the village of New Paltz, with charming shops and wonderful restaurants that cater to a variety of dining preferences. Just minutes from hiking, historic sites and wine trails, you can be on-the-go day and night.. or you can simply settle into the cozy comforts of the casual luxury that you'll find at the Moondance Ridge B&B. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Moondance Ridge Bed And Breakfast
- Moondance Ridge Hotel New Paltz
- Moondance Ridge Bed & Breakfast New York/New Paltz