“Cannot get enough!”

Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
NY
“Cannot get enough!”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

This is a restaurant that is a gem. It is a destination restaurant for my husband and myself. We LOVE A Tavola. Whenever we go to New Paltz, it's the first place we go to eat. The bread is delicious and magical with a hint of sea salt that is served with olive oil. Some great and not to be missed appetizers are the roasted local beet salad and the grilled octopus and chickpea salad. I always get the pasta Bolognese. OMG. A half order is just the right amount after the appetizer. Love dessert? Go for the olive oil cake or the semifredo. The service is polite and professional. Even on the bestiest nights, we have never felt rushed. A reservation is a must.

• Visited May 2014

New Paltz, New York
“Food and service quite good !”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Food prep and quality over all is really excellent. I do enjoy this "Best restaurant in New Paltz" in my humble opinion - ask for Rosie as a server. She's wonderful. I've not given the place my excellent rating because I'm really very selective. If the menu would change a bit more often and greater flexibility to modify a dish, it would get my highest rating.

Visited October 2013
Kingston, NY
“A must!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This is a place for sharing. I have been twice, once for the winter menu and once for their new spring menu. There are appetizers, Primi courses, and Second courses. The Primi courses are primarily pastas. You can have a full or half portion. The portions are huge! The pasta is homemade as is the bread, which is served with the fruitiest olive oil. The wine list is extensive, with all Italian wines. It opens at 5:30, I suggest you make a reservation.

• Visited March 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Divine Eats”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We loved everything we ordered at this place. You really can't go wrong! The braised pork cheek was tender and ridiculously flavorful. My mouth is watering as I write about it! My wife had the wild boar pasta with sweet potatoes and ricotta. Everything was great, the atmosphere and wine, too. We will return on our next trip to New Paltz!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank JennandMead
“Best in town”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Delicious. Guaranteed great meal and experience every time. Fantastic homemade pastas and roast chicken.

• Visited February 2014