“CLASSY PLACE, UPSCALE ITALIAN”
Review of A Tavola Trattoria

A Tavola Trattoria
Ranked #2 of 100 Restaurants in New Paltz
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We originally met here with some friends for a drink & to hang out. We tried some appetizers with our drinks & were pleasantly surprised by how good they all were. So some of us then ordered entrees. All were perfectly cooked & well presented.
Our server was friendly, made suggestions, & came by often to see if we needed anything.
Prices are a little high, especially for this town. We sat downstairs near the bar. Cozy area.

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Made a reservation online and enjoyed a delightful dinner here. Staff was excellent, loved the warm, welcoming atmosphere. Two floors with small bar on first floor. Had the antipasti special appetizer, little neck clams, pasta bolognese, spring pea ravioli and fish special. Every dish was excellent; well prepared, fresh and delicious. (Can order 1/2 portions of some menu items.) Desserts were equally divine: walnut torte, gelato with espresso, chocolate/cherry semifreddo. Prices were quite reasonable considering the food quality; appetizers, salads, main courses, dessert and good bottle of wine - $300 for 6. Highly recommend.

1  Thank upstatefarm
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

It was my birthday yesterday and my husband and I went here for dinner! Everything tastes incredible and was presented well. Our waitress made recommendations and was attentive. You can get half or full portions for dinner which is great if you get a lot of apps. We shared the antipasti app special and it was completely vegetarian which excited my husband. There was homemade crostini and 2 kinds of salad. For dinner, I had Spring Pea (homemade) Ravioli with Blue Crab on top. The ravioli was so delicate and so good. My husband got Spinach pasta with vegetables. For dessert, he got a chocolate semifreddo and I got strawberry-basil sorbetti. It was delightful. I got a very popular drink at the restaurant called Gin and Jam. It came recommended by the waitress and was very refreshing! If you like local, homemade fare in a romantic (candlelight in mason jars), casual setting, I urge you to try this one! Make reservations. We called and left a message in the morning on the same day and we got a call back later that day. We had wanted to eat at 7:30,8 but they only had 6 or 9. We chose 9 but showed up a half hour early and they were able to seat us. This was a great day trip from North NJ. We did Walkway over the Hudson and then went over to NP and walked around. If you bring a change of clothes for going out to dinner, you can change in the public bathrooms at Water Street Market which is close to the restaurant. We will definitely be back. We love NP!

1  Thank arielrose04
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The food and service were excellent, though the menu is limited. If you expect linen tablecloths and cushioned chairs for $25-30 per entree you will be disappointed. Ordinary wooden tables and hard wooden chairs are the furnishings. And the noise level can be intense with low ceilings. I've rated this restaurant as high as 4 because of the food and service.

1  Thank euro727
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

An inventive menu & attentive service in an attractive atmosphere. A Tavola pleases consistently. I'm a vegetarian, and the staff & chef have always been willing and able to create wonderful vegetarian versions of their dishes for me upon request. I love it!