“Superlative”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Sarasota, Florida
“Superlative”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This was so good we ate here 2 nights in a row, The service was attentive, enthusiastic, without being obtrusive. The octopus appetizer was chargrilled but tender, very tasty. We sampled half orders of the pappardelle with a meat sauce, penne with veal, and pea ravioli with crab. The half chicken under a brick was moist, much better than the one I had 2 years ago which was very dry. The duck breast was cooked to our specifications, medium rare. Everything we ate over the 2 nights was really excellent with ample portions. Most spectacular was the chargrilled ribeye with a bella mushroom sauce that came with a crock of perhaps the best mac and cheese I have ever had. The food here is carefully prepared and the portions generous enough to be able to have some lunch the next day. On a critical note, however, was that I did not care for their wine list. The least expensive reds were in the high 30's and low 40's and appeared to have a big mark up. Our servers through the 2 nights suggested 3 different wines which neither of us cared for. They were all harsh and too young. I suggest they add some California wines and perhaps some from other countries.

Leawood, Kansas
“CLASSY PLACE, UPSCALE ITALIAN”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We originally met here with some friends for a drink & to hang out. We tried some appetizers with our drinks & were pleasantly surprised by how good they all were. So some of us then ordered entrees. All were perfectly cooked & well presented.
Our server was friendly, made suggestions, & came by often to see if we needed anything.
Prices are a little high, especially for this town. We sat downstairs near the bar. Cozy area.

near albany
“Great find”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Made a reservation online and enjoyed a delightful dinner here. Staff was excellent, loved the warm, welcoming atmosphere. Two floors with small bar on first floor. Had the antipasti special appetizer, little neck clams, pasta bolognese, spring pea ravioli and fish special. Every dish was excellent; well prepared, fresh and delicious. (Can order 1/2 portions of some menu items.) Desserts were equally divine: walnut torte, gelato with espresso, chocolate/cherry semifreddo. Prices were quite reasonable considering the food quality; appetizers, salads, main courses, dessert and good bottle of wine - $300 for 6. Highly recommend.

1 Thank upstatefarm
Montclair, New Jersey
“Food and service couldn't be better!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

It was my birthday yesterday and my husband and I went here for dinner! Everything tastes incredible and was presented well. Our waitress made recommendations and was attentive. You can get half or full portions for dinner which is great if you get a lot of apps. We shared the antipasti app special and it was completely vegetarian which excited my husband. There was homemade crostini and 2 kinds of salad. For dinner, I had Spring Pea (homemade) Ravioli with Blue Crab on top. The ravioli was so delicate and so good. My husband got Spinach pasta with vegetables. For dessert, he got a chocolate semifreddo and I got strawberry-basil sorbetti. It was delightful. I got a very popular drink at the restaurant called Gin and Jam. It came recommended by the waitress and was very refreshing! If you like local, homemade fare in a romantic (candlelight in mason jars), casual setting, I urge you to try this one! Make reservations. We called and left a message in the morning on the same day and we got a call back later that day. We had wanted to eat at 7:30,8 but they only had 6 or 9. We chose 9 but showed up a half hour early and they were able to seat us. This was a great day trip from North NJ. We did Walkway over the Hudson and then went over to NP and walked around. If you bring a change of clothes for going out to dinner, you can change in the public bathrooms at Water Street Market which is close to the restaurant. We will definitely be back. We love NP!

1 Thank arielrose04
boston
“A Missing Ingredient”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The food and service were excellent, though the menu is limited. If you expect linen tablecloths and cushioned chairs for $25-30 per entree you will be disappointed. Ordinary wooden tables and hard wooden chairs are the furnishings. And the noise level can be intense with low ceilings. I've rated this restaurant as high as 4 because of the food and service.

• Visited May 2014