“Pleasantly Surprised”
Review of The Huguenot - CLOSED

The Huguenot
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Almost bypassed this restaurant due to the outside of the building. I'm very glad we did not. The interior was a bit on the dark side, but the outside patio was perfect. The food was local and fabulously prepared. I had 1/2 of mine packaged to go. We decided to indulge and go for desert. The desert palled in comparison to the the entree. The wine was delicious too. I even went across the street and bought a bottle of the Malbec served at the restaurant.

• Visited August 2014

“Don't let the building exterior fool you.”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Although the building exterior looks like an unassuming towney bar, the interior is charming and the food....fantastic! Much like a tavola ( same owners I heard) much of the food is locally sourced and prepared with such care. The staff is friendly and well educated on their menu. I can't wait to go back in the fall to see what seasonal dishes are offered.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Christine B
“Polly”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Food was creative ,fresh and delicious, we had several staters instead of a main. The chicken liver late was very light and tasty, the flatbread with mushrooms was very flavorful. The waiter let me taste both tap beers so I can pick the one I preferred. We sat outside,nice ambiance and the servers were very knowledgeable and attentive. Would defiantly come again.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Polly K
New Paltz, NY
“Good but Pricey”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We have been to the Huguenot several times now and although the food and drinks are very good, I can't help the feeling that everything could be a little less expensive.

The chicken liver pate is really delicious and the portion is huge…easily enough for 3 people. The burger, daily pork special, half chicken, cheese plate, and many of the salads were all very good.

I totally understand that fresh local food is more expensive but there is comparable food in the area for less. I also think it would benefit this place to have sort of a bar menu with quick inexpensive treats so if you want to go in for a drink and a snack you're not going to rack up a huge bill.

• Visited August 2014
Floral Park, New York
“Attention to important details”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This is just one of those places that gets most things right. From appetizers to entrees everything was great. I never drink cocktails but since they had my favorite belgian beer I figured they would get the drinks right which they did!! Highly recommended

• Visited July 2014