“Wonderful Italian”

Price range: US$15 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

We found this converted railroad station turned restaurant by accident when enjoying the fall foliage in the mountains. If we didn't catch the sign we would have missed it. It's hidden back from the Main Street and great find it was. The service, the food, atmosphere, all made for a wonderful dining experience. I would come back over and over again. Don't miss it

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Five of us went for dinner & waited 15 minutes after being seated, before our server came to introduce himself. Our server was pleasant while taking our order & was patient in repeating the specials as it was extremely loud in there. It's not a place for a quiet meal, we could barely hear each other speak at our table. The restaurant seemed to be understaffed as our waiter was covering tables everywhere. Our food arrived about an hour after we ordered it. If it was food worth waiting for this wouldn't matter, but sadly that wasn't the case. Apparently they only had one "community bowl" of Parmesan cheese because after we asked for some cheese for our meals, the waiter brought it to our table, only to have another server tell us, she needed it for another table. That was strange & pretty gross to think we all share an open bowl of Parmesan cheese. 3 out of the 5 dishes were cold when brought out to us. I don't enjoy writing a bad review but I feel I have to offer an honest review. I really wanted to like this place & it just didn't work for us.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We went to New Paltz for the day to see the foliage and visit this great little town. After a long day, of walking, we drove through town and found this great Italian restaurant, a little hidden on Main St. This is an old train station converted into this wonderful eatery. The service was excellent, the prices are on par, and the food was just perfect. The owner seemed to be tirelessly making sure every table was happy. Our waiter took our entire order without writing down a thing, and everything was served as ordered. Unfortunately, this restaurant is 120 miles from my home, because we would be back very often if it was closer. If you're in the New Paltz area, don't miss this restaurant.

1  Thank 388bag
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I ordered eggplant parm - very very disappointing! Couldn't taste the eggplant because it was way too much bread crumbs smothered with a nasty marinara! We felt it was over priced for a so-so restaurant. Everyone in our party ordered something different and we were all disappointed!! Never never again...

1  Thank Tammy B
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Had an OK dinner here. The restaurant is in an old train station which has been very nicely renovated, and the decor is nice. I thought my food (Chicken Parmesan) was just OK, my wife had a somewhat better opinion of hers. The service was very slow, though, over 45 minutes for our food to arrive, and it did not seem unusually busy. Probably would make another choice in town next time.