“won't be back.”

Price range: US$15 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I've been here with the previous management and liked it. I didn't expect to have a negative experience after others said it had improved.
Sun night, I and my sister ate there..... I was tired, didn't notice as the 'host' placed us in the worst table in the room. a table for two directly in the line of traffic between bar, kitchen and outdoor busy patio.... constant foot traffic rushing, back and forth back and forth. Just plain stupid.

BTW this is a VERY large room with ,..at this time, only 3 other tables occupied and DOZENS empty. A normal expectation would be to put us at a table.. for 4..elsewhere where we might possibly have enjoyed whatever ambience there was.. ( the entire time we were there, NO ONE joined the dining room,) I should have asked to be moved. .. ..
The pleasant waitor didn't introduce himself but after a few minutes his affected/pretentious demeanor was annoying. There was a page of dishes on left side of menu that didn't have prices. (why go to the trouble of typing this, printing it and inserting it without that 'detail' . ? ) When the waitor started describing them, I interruped and asked the price. Now, after three times doing this..most waitors would have started adding that to the description seeing as how I was interested.. but by the third time I asked, I said," I write reviews for Trip Advisor and don't other people ask the prices, ?' He didn't hesitate as he said NO. this answer was, I suppose..designed to make me feel embarressed. It didn't. It made me irritated.
BTW some of the specials were very very pricy.
ok. food.. Bread on table, fabulous. garlic, toast and bread. House Chardonnay ($ 8) good. We had a salmon bisque that was so good, (shallow dish) we had to order a second. yum.
then. We also ordered a salad .
I ended up with two salads. duh.
( most waitors in my experience would point out that a salad was coming with dinner . I guess I didn't see that on menu)
a very lackluster chicken marsala with mushrooms..shallots.. good size portion but lots of calories without justification!
also a better fish dish.. Sauteed St Peters fish what ever that is. Waitor never came back. we left $ on table. and whatever enthusiasm we had arrived with .
$ 87.30 before tip.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I was not impressed with this restaurant, although, it is worth noting that I ate outside on the patio and only ordered a pizza, so take my review for what it’s worth.

It’s not a bad location across from the Water Street shops and along the Wallkill Valley Rail Trail and in good weather the patio offers good people watching opportunities. The service was fairly good and the owner even took a moment to make sure I was being served, although, I could sense that he put his staff on edge by hovering so much.

This was my first visit to La Stazione and apparently they recently began serving pizza’s (bar pies). I ordered the margarita pizza and it wasn’t very good. The sauce was rather bitter and they were a bit too heavy handed with the basil – the flavor is not meant to overwhelm the pizza, it’s meant to enhance it. The crust was ok, but the flavor was lacking big time and not something I’d order again.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

We ate dinner here and enjoyed it. The wait staff was attentive. Perhaps too attentive. We were greeted, served, and attended to by at least five different servers. They were all polite, but we started to receive "redundant service" (within three minutes, different servers were asking if we needed anything). It was slightly intrusive. The food was quite nice.....delicious crab cakes and salads and a wide variety of menu options. The chef is from Honduras but adapts nicely to the Italian cuisine. Recommended? Sure. But it's not overwhelming. Worth a visit? I would say so but you can walk there rather than run.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

We were thrilled with the quality of food & service under the new management. Baby green mixed salad with a thick balsamic vinegar was a nice start. I had Zuppa Di Pesce with marinara sauce. The sauce was full of tomatoes thick & savory,delicious. Clams/mussels/shrimp/scongili were plentiful & cooked to perfection.
Our server & busboy was very polite & attentive.

1  Thank Carol H
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Three of us went to try La Stazione under new management. We all had a wonderful experience. We tried 3 of the specials - Ravioli, chicken with portabellas and mozzarella and the rib eye. All were done perfectly; the chicken was moist, tender and flavorful and the steak was cooked to perfection with wonderful flavors. Bill was extremely knowledgeable about wines and offered wonderful suggestions for pairings. We think we may return for lunch specials tomorrow and are sure to check out the school day specials for lunch.