“Rustic location, great food. ”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Barnaby's Restaurant - CLOSED

Barnaby's Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dingmans Ferry, PA
“Rustic location, great food. ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I happened to find ourselves in New Paltz on a day trip from our weekend home in Dingmans Ferry, PA. It was as a nice drive and on our way we stopped by Mohonk Mountain House. We got there a bit late to buy a day pass which would allow us entrance to the facility and have lunch. We decided to come back when the weather was warmer and we had our hiking gear with us. So we headed over to New Paltz. Not really knowing where to go, we walked the sidewalks on this pleasant 55 degree day. A great break from this snowy, freezing cold winter. We decided to try Barnaby's Steak House. The lunch menu was limited and I settled on a burger w grilled onions and Swiss cheese. My husband had a skirt steak sandwich on a perfect "club" style roll. By the way, great roll on both. Forgot to mention we started w clams casino which were also quite tasty. All in all attentive service and great food. I agree with other reviews. Yes, do take a walk upstairs and be impressed with the stamped metal ceiling and beautiful Tiffany style light fixtures. An airy open space with a large bar. I would love to come back when the upstairs is hopping. Looks like it would be great fun.

“My Mom's Birthday dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

It was about 15 of us & they put us upstairs alone. We were able 2 enjoy the atmosphere w/o interfering w/ anyone's dinner. We had steaks, chicken, seafood & pasta dishes. Now when I feel like a steak I don't have 2 go far. My steak was medium & delicious. My mother, my 2 sisters & my eldest daughter enjoyed their shrimp dishes. They couldn't stop talking bout the food & drinks. We had a great evening.

1 Thank Darryl C
Wallkill, NY
“Beautiful Building”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

I believe it was a restored Play House the upstairs bar is definantly worht checking out even if it is closed for seating. They have a good salmon and a walnut apple salad...

Visited September 2013
Middletown, Delaware
“Nice place, good service, mediocre food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

I found the atmosphere to be rustic, but nice. Our server was friendly and kept us informed about our meals. The food itself was average at best. There wasn't anything about it that would make me want to go back. My shrimp was overcooked and tough.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Jim Y
NY
“Good food, nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Very nice historic building, great atmosphere inside, tucked away on a route 32 just outside of the busy hustling Main St of New Paltz. The menu has a little something for everyone & very fair prices. I had stuffed sole for $20. My plate came with 2 huge pieces of stuffed sole, potatoes & salad. All in our group were very satisfied with their meals. Service was friendly & attentive.

Visited October 2013