“Way over priced !!!!!”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in New Paltz
New York City, New York
“Way over priced !!!!!”
Reviewed 10 October 2011

If this hotel was in the $60 to $80 range I would not give it such a bad review, I wouldn't give it a great one either. There was a huge stain on the carpet. The TV had to be from the 80's. The toilet felt like it was about to come out of the wall. Unfortunately you don't have much of a choice when it comes to the New Paltz area. All the hotels are equally overpriced and from what I understand they are in worse shape than this hotel. The next time I go to New Paltz I think I am going to try one of the bed and breakfast places. The one positive thing about this hotel is good water pressure and hot water for the shower.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank cprops

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 29 September 2011

There were FLEAS in the bed.
The rooms are dirty and tiny.
The staff is rude and may or may not honor your booked rate.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank J B
New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Based on the reviews here I was expecting much less on this motel but I was pleasantly surprised with the very clean bathroom. It had basic toiletries and lots of towels. The fridge and microwave were ok. I was hoping there was a coffee maker and blow dryer but it's ok since I don't use a blow dryer anyway. The beds were comfy and sheets were clean. No bed bugs so far! We didn't hear outside noises either. A little pricey for what it is but I guess that is what I get for booking at the last minute. The outside hall may need updating as there are chips on the concrete and steps. Overall, this is a pleasant surprise fOr me and my family.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Beachfanbx
Tarrytown, NY
Reviewed 15 July 2011

The room was in bad shape. The bathroom was looked like they didn't finish construction on it with missing tiles and strange electrical wiring. We complained and wanted another room but the front desk just shrugged it off. I was appalled. The room is big but the finishings are bad and dreary. They do have parking if you are driving to the gunks. They are about 20- 25 minutes drive to the Gunks.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MadAboutTheWold
Albany, New York
Reviewed 30 May 2011

My wife and I spent a night here at the end of May 2011. It was perfectly fine! The bed was clean and well-made. The bathroom was very clean, and the shower was obviously new. Very good TV channel selection. It even had a pool that was open late. Really nothing to complain about. I suppose if you're looking for luxury, it's not the place for you. But for $80/night, you can't beat it!

Room Tip: Ask for a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 May 2011

We just spent three nights there and I must say that we had a pleasant stay with a very welcoming manager.

Serge Angeric

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 9 April 2011

Dirty room and very dated furnishings. Didn't want to take my shoes off because of the skanky carpet. Windows didn't lock, no iron or coffee maker (though wouldn't eat or drink anything in the room anyway - nasty!!!.) The water smelled of sewer. All around horrible place; any miles of travel or extra expense for another hotel would be well worth the added trouble. And, oh yeah, a strip club right next door with questionable characters hanging around. Even after I got home I couldn't wash the nastiness off. Don't go there

Room Tip: Numerous other hotels to go to in the town.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank 221ricking
econo530, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 5 May 2011
We take seriously the care and comfort of our guests and regret that these guests said they had an unpleasant stay. We recently replaced carpets, water is tested by water department once a month. We have coffee in lobby 24/7 and iron and ironing board are available upon request at front desk. Strip club next door to us in totally different building with divider in between. We have 24/7 front desk service and if there are complaints, it is our policy to immediately assist, However guest never complaint of one thing to us otherwise we would have happliy assisted him to swtich room.
We understand that we will not be able to please all 100% of the guests who stay with us b/c different guests have different needs. We do not take our guest for granted and we try out 100% to provide accomodate to their needs so they will fully enjoy their stay with us. We recommend and encourage reader of trip advisor to come and stay at Econo Lodge and give us a chance to show we do care about each and every guest of our hotel. We do care!
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Paltz
Courtyard Poughkeepsie
Courtyard Poughkeepsie
#3 of 13 in Poughkeepsie
Americas Best Value Inn - New Paltz

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!