“Would come to visit just to dine at this place”
Review of Rock da Pasta - CLOSED

Rock da Pasta
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Cool decor amazing service Awsome food
Never realized how much better fresh local food taste like and they have so much VEGAN options

1  Thank vegantravler

Reviewed 17 September 2012

My daughter and I stumbled upon this place while looking for a place for a quick dinner when driving back home on the Thruway. She quickly checked reviews for a place in New Paltz and we found Rock Da Pasta had good reviews and looked like a cool little place. It definitely did not disappoint. We loved the uniqueness of the place--tiny, with a rock n' roll, hippie dippy flair. It was early for dinner, on a Sunday, so not very crowded. We're both vegetarians, so we were happy to see all of the options, and food that had spice and flavor to choose from. We also really appreciated that the very nice server offered us lunch portions as an option, which we jumped at, rather than the overwhelming 32 oz size dinner portions. The portion size was perfect for us. We ordered Joplin Penne Rosa, which was very delicious--tomato cream sauce with hot peppers and a dash of Southern Comfort to add a bit of sweetness and the Pasta Vibrations Mon, a very different dish with pineapple and coconut curry sauce--both with tofu. Both were yummy, but I think we leaned toward the Penne Rosa as our favorite. We definitely will stop here again when we are in the area!

1  Thank Lisa F
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Went here for the first time with my mother and my husband for dinner. The atmosphere is great. The space is small but comfortable. We started with the magic mushrooms and the mac and cheese. Both were delicious. My husband said he would come back for the mac and cheese alone every time. Our meals started with a house salad that comes with their sun dried tomato dressing which was very good. The pasta dishes were all very good and although we all chose meat or seafood they can make many of the dishes vegetarian or vegan. Overall is was great food. The prices are a tiny bit high but we will definitely be back again.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

Seriously? This place is number 5 in New Paltz? First of all, If you own a stove, and have $2 for a box of pasta your better off staying at home then going to this place. For a place that specializes in pasta you would think they would actually make their own. I still feel ripped off, and I had a gift certificate. I've also had friends with Celiacs claim that they got sick from eating here. If you want to sit on top of the table next to you, and eat a $20 pasta dish that my 12 year old cousin could make this is your place. However, I did enjoy my beer.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

Fish is fresh and well prepared. Waitstaff is friendly and attentive. Prices are fair.